Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #1569
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
That is why I'm not impressed with the A.I. aka (Human Intelligence) in this game. I have done a similar experiment with Duncan, D.Howard, D.Cousins, Hibbert, and L. Aldridge. The CPU's defense's A.I. should recognize that you are bringing the ball down with a big man with limited ball handling skills and react to it, but they don't. They need to fix these things if they want to be taken seriously.
The problem is his ball-handling skills are not limited. In the cases I have seen you can't take the ball from him. What they need to do is seriously numb down his abilities as well as your suggestions of a more alert AI
Old 01-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #1570
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
The problem is his ball-handling skills are not limited. In the cases I have seen you can't take the ball from him. What they need to do is seriously numb down his abilities as well as your suggestions of a more alert AI

Yeah, definitely a combination of that, overall speed ratings...as well as the CPU's transition defense...if I can do that with Amir, imagine your athletic 5's..
Old 01-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #1571
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
I forgot to mention big men have point guard handling abilities in this game. When people pick up this game and experience these issues, they are going to assume the game is arcade. The A.I. is off on alot of things in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #1572
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't believe the AI is the one who's bringing the ball up like that. I've never had a big man dribble up the floor with crossovers, etc. I've had PF's and what not take a few hard dribbles up the floor and find the PG/SG/SF to continue up the floor.

I may be wrong, but that's not an AI issue, that's a tendency/ratings issue.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #1573
Rookie

I've never had any big men shake me with dribbles, I did the UT challenge and faced the all-rebound team. Curry is my point guard and Duncan was theirs, I almost had a triple double with 13 steals. The video is evidence though, they need to fix this and lower their dribbling skills substantially.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #1574
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
I've never had any big men shake me with dribbles, I did the UT challenge and faced the all-rebound team. Curry is my point guard and Duncan was theirs, I almost had a triple double with 13 steals. The video is evidence though, they need to fix this and lower their dribbling skills substantially.
yea i never see the cpu doing it and i dont abuse it either so its not a big deal to me. but it can definitely be a huge negative for online play so it needs to be fixed.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #1575
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Online play, head to head HUM as well....

Only time I have been effected by it in regards to the A.I is when did the UT challenge with bigs....as far as speed differentials go..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #1576
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

A couple things that I've noticed from the game are that defender don't close out aggressively towards shooters, they only contest shots from their spot trying to block or raising a hand even if they're too far to affect anything, instead I believe they should be rushing towards the shooter or at least contesting moving forward to the other player. This would be better since you'd have to choose better if you want to shoot with a long defender arriving or one with a big wingspan and also overaggressive defenders could be tricked by offensive players by drawing fouls.

The other thing is that defenders aren't physical enough specially against the best players. I've seen several gamewinners in this game where the offensive player freely moves to the spot on the court wherever he wants without any opposition from his defender. You'll notice that during those situations defenders bump, get very physical, even pull and grab the player to stop their opposition to move where they want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »