Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #1617
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Im starting to get it..it's all about the flick on the RS, letting the footwork play out and watching how the defender and the defense reacts

I was down 20 going into the 4th again..began to try to on ball Deron Williams who was slaughtering me (23 points 10-16 shooting) and got Melo rolling. Pulled of a raw sig hesitation-cross-pull up over AK-47 (ill have upload ability again soon)...and got the offense flowing and ended up losing by 9.

What I loved about this game so far, is that I just could not control Williams. I had no match up for him..just tried to force into shots..When Blatche came in he was destroying Barg...its been a great challenge. The game will open up more when I get these offensive controls rolling. Defense seems simple enough..although primo is slow as dirt and cant check anyone at all

Sounds like you're starting to have a lot of fun. Like WTF said, once you get everything down, the offense flows and the game becomes that much better. Just a tip, did you try and force Deron a certain way? If I have issues with a good ball handler/driver I try and play them tight and force them to use their weak hand. Obviously, most ball handlers are good with both so it won't make a huge difference. I played a guy on UT last night that had A.I as his point guard. At the half he was hurting me, but I made the right adjustments and he actually ended up being the player that was cold in the post game show.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #1618
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

OVR: 2

man idk what's going on but update 11339 has me not liking the game. its feels like I'm moving through mud! and I've had the game since launch and I still can't dribble for my life! I was playing as kd vs the hawks and I couldn't make it through the game. it became a chore to finish. the smoothness took a step back, the shooting animations were at half the pace of the other animations. the dominance of the spin move in the post is frustrating and every teams basic post play offense is maddening. I could've swore a couple weeks ago the game was much better than this. is it me? am I just getting over a new live? Did it take a step back with this update? has anyone else noticed this?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #1619
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Are you on Xbox One or PS4 ifitbegins? Mine went down to 6,699 update yesterday. It feels really good.

I had a similar experience a month or two ago like you're explaining. I reached out to them, and the next day, all was fine again. I don't know if it was just a bad update, or what. Never did really get an answer, but it's not happened since. I played a game yesterday and saw 2 post "spins" all game.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #1620
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Are you on Xbox One or PS4 ifitbegins? Mine went down to 6,699 update yesterday. It feels really good.

I had a similar experience a month or two ago like you're explaining. I reached out to them, and the next day, all was fine again. I don't know if it was just a bad update, or what. Never did really get an answer, but it's not happened since. I played a game yesterday and saw 2 post "spins" all game.

Xbox one. I'll check it out now. I will update my impressions after a full game.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #1621
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitbeginsitends
man idk what's going on but update 11339 has me not liking the game. its feels like I'm moving through mud! and I've had the game since launch and I still can't dribble for my life! I was playing as kd vs the hawks and I couldn't make it through the game. it became a chore to finish. the smoothness took a step back, the shooting animations were at half the pace of the other animations. the dominance of the spin move in the post is frustrating and every teams basic post play offense is maddening. I could've swore a couple weeks ago the game was much better than this. is it me? am I just getting over a new live? Did it take a step back with this update? has anyone else noticed this?
Wow actually really pleased to see this post, as people on here will know I have been enthusisng about the game since I got it at Christmas. But since this update I have found the same issues as yourself, so your not alone on this one!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #1622
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
. I played a game yesterday and saw 2 post "spins" all game.

I don't experience the post "SPINS" unless I don't read the ball handler well enough, and play bad defense. I usually run the CPU into the baseline or into a double team (if he is a strong post player), and see many more kickouts and more ball rotation from the CPU(superstar lvl). Most times, I just raise my hands and force them to shoot over and they tend to miss more in the paint.

I'm also seeing more CPU charge calls, with better defense. The pump faking needs a bit of tuning though. Played the Lakers and Gasol hit me with a 5-piece pump fake in a one on one faceup in the paint before turning and throwing up a hook shot.

I think the reduction of CPU "cheese" people are starting to see/feel, is due to the time people are spending "learning" the nuances of the game, players getting more familiar with specific, animations, and CPU situational awareness, and properly defending, vs. anything being added/subtracted to the game.

This game cannot be played at the same pace or style of the "other" game, and un-learning that specific type of "cheese" has been our biggest hurdle, IMO.

I'd bet, that if you asked the community of players who put good time in with both NBA games, to re-rate both games, and take out the graphics as THE rating tool (some are really stuck on and can't get past that. and the lack of Street fighter-like shot controls), these games would be very comparable, if not even, or in favor of this one. (expected flaming).

My patch hopes are:
1. Practice mode
2."offline" Player roster editing
3. A working play creator/editor
4. AI tweaks (CPU clock management specifically for some)
5. Working adjustable sliders(with tool tips to explain what its actually changing)
6. graphics/animations

The "other" game has been the stunningly beautiful prom queen with genital warts, this game is the girl next door who you have a crush on, and have no idea why you're falling for her.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 01-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #1623
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

one thing i will say about post defense: if you have a good post defender and are playing on the xb1 it is a lot easier. since the triggers vibrate independently you sometimes get a little warning shake in the direction the ballhandler is about to go (only in the post). it doesnt happen every time and its rare if the man youre controlling is not a good post defender but it is very helpful when it happens.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #1624
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

just played another game, rockets(me) vs spurs. it was much better however it was still 11,339. maybe a fresh restart of the game helps, maybe there's better data on the teams involved, or maybe because I wasn't trying to chuck with k.d. but it played better. I've just adjusted my post defense. when in the post I no longer use the "post defense" I wrestle until my man gets the ball and I just back off and then play the angles that way. until I can get in and out of the post defense animation seamlessly this is going to have to work. it also has the added benefit of not letting the CPU ball handler do that old man super spin. the game ran much more fluidly today. I don't know what it is but some days this game plays good and some days (like yesterday) it plays worse than when it first dropped

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »