Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #1537
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Another thing I haven't noticed hardly any is the CPU pumpfake in the lane. Are you all still seeing this? Or has that been remedied?

Not nearly as often....and when they do it now it's easier to counter in the lane...

For some reason I am seeing it more outside of the paint which is weird...hasn't seen it before...KD did about five consecutive pump fakes at the 3 point line the other day....I think it's probably just a tendency quirk
Old 01-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #1538
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
...Another thing I haven't noticed hardly any is the CPU pumpfake in the lane. Are you all still seeing this? Or has that been remedied?
It's toned way down for sure... as well as every finish inside doesn't result in a dunk.

BTW, I'm not trying to beat down the game... I believe there is great hope for it, but I'm gonna call it like I see it. It get's frustrating sometimes, but if it's gonna improve EA has to take the good with the bad and the bitter with the sweet.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #1539
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

No, you two I don't have issues with. It's not merely a troll attempt. It's fine to see negative, I'm definitely not saying that it's a perfect game by any means.

That's weird as hell that the CPU is doing the pump outside on you 24th. I've never seen that, nor the big man all star dribbling that you posted. I did have Byron Mullins for LAC hit a 3 on me with 8 seconds left on the shot clock a few days ago, but that's about as bad as it's been.

I seriously believe that the difference between the One version and PS4 is "different" whether it be tendencies not reading correctly, or something.

Regardless, I'll check on the video this evening. I did upload these to facebook last night. I'm going to have to try a hardwired connection to the PS4, as it's getting dreadfully slow to upload here lately. I can only upload 1 clip every 30-45 seconds or so, and then it takes a while to get another "ready" to upload. But here's a PG fastbreak:

Pretty slick windmill on the break. I had him go baseline for the reverse dunk last night too, but couldn't upload due to the issue above.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #1540
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think a lot of the frustration would be sidelined, at least on my end, if they would release a timeline as far as the next patch goes. Last time we got a major patch was over a month and a half ago. They are vague on twitter but it seems like it may be coming soon and will include a practice mode. Now, for those having issues with fast breaks, if they do include a practice mode ( and it looks like there's about a 90% chance they will) you can run plays and practice these fast breaks, so you become more successful in game. Also, keep in mind the difficulty you may be playing the game on, that is going to affect different aspects of your game.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #1541
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I've seen the "Big Man" shake my PG out on the perimeter the other day. Can't quite remember who it was but instantly I was shocked because it was the first time so it stood out. I just brushed it off as it was the first time and I'm on PS4

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #1542
Rookie

OVR: 0

My frustration is the lack of successful dives for the ball going out of bounds. Honestly? It's not even a dive, more like a slow, sad attempt to recover. As far as pacing, I played the UT team challenge with the top scores last year and I have up 5 points in the last 20 seconds and ended up losing. One thing I noticed is that lillard kept up with my pace, he pushed the ball and drew an and-1. Another issue still was the PIP, probably 80% of their points came in the paint. I haven't had any issues with the CPU calling timeouts late game, they always call timeouts if they are without 8 or 9 in the final mins.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #1543
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
It's toned way down for sure... as well as every finish inside doesn't result in a dunk.

BTW, I'm not trying to beat down the game... I believe there is great hope for it, but I'm gonna call it like I see it. It get's frustrating sometimes, but if it's gonna improve EA has to take the good with the bad and the bitter with the sweet.

Same here man. I am definitely not looking for things to ***** about, lol...just want to make that clear...

Being able to post what you see is one of the best things about these new systems and is so much more help to the devs to get these things fixed...I honestly hate posting "bad" vids more than good ones, but I want to make sure folks get a clear picture of what I am saying...
Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #1544
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Byron Mullins for LAC hit a 3 on me with 8 seconds left on the shot clock a few days ago, but that's about as bad as it's been.

I seriously believe that the difference between the One version and PS4 is "different" whether it be tendencies not reading correctly, or something. .

Well, he can actually hit those, lol

Meanwhile he's dunking on me...sucks man...

I am really starting I think there is a difference too...above Poop said he rarely sees OR pass outs as well, and he's on XB1...adds up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »