Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #1177
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I saw Jrue Holiday miss a breakaway layup a few minutes ago. First time I'd seen it. Wide the freak open off of a steal.
i havent seen that yet. did the commentary mention that he blew a wide open layup?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #1178
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
That's crazy, lol

I meant more like under the goal and surrounded though...how do you personally defend those WTF? Hands up? LT? Jump?
Pushing your defender into the attacking player also works. Bringing second defender helps too.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #1179
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Double teaming typically works for me on Pro, but not All Star and above...Ill literally have 3 people down there and too many times bigs are powering through for dunks or layups...I have actually gotten pretty good at positioning and using LT in the proper situation, I at least meet the baseline spin now the majority of the time and throw the post player off...but they end up overriding and defense with animations..Thats why I asked if any has seen a missed layup in a crowd...I cant really recall any right now...
Old 01-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #1180
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Oh, I thought you said not in a crowd. I have seen plenty of misses while in a crowd. What Donnan said to, push your left stuck into the player. I'm seeing a lot of misses on allstar.

I sincerely think that there must be a difference between the X version and the ps4.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #1181
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

It wouldn't be the first time a game was different between consoles TBH...and I dont remember this much paint abuse during my breif stint with it on Ps4...so maybe so, I dont know...

Its really bugging me though because its holding me back from fully embracing the game...My offense is on point now and I have really gotten accustomed on how to succeed on that side...but defense man, its killing me. That game winner I posted in the video thread went into over time after Dre Jordan and BG went on a paint 10-0 run....(as you can see, I keep playing the Clippers because I am determined to stop them)

double teams, triple teams...if it was a block or strip it was bucket 100% of the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #1182
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Has anyone seen the CPU miss a layup w/o contact all star and above?
Never seen it with the CPU, but I've blown a lot of bunnies using bronze scrubs in Ultimate Team.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #1183
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I know it's not exactly what you were talking about 24th, but here's Asik missing back to back shots in the post, and then one of Holliday missing a layup after the hop step (no contact animation) leading to a fast break on the other end.

I think what DonWuan eluded to earlier is that by pushing the left stick towards the defender, and into their body, even though it may not register a contact animation, i think it does associate it with defensive pressure. I've been doing it all along, and even on the offensive end, which is why I think I'm able to draw more fouls and get more free throws. Give that a try to see if it helps.

Also, both clips are on All-Star setting. I've not left it since you recommended it.

Last edited by WTF; 01-09-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #1184
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I know it's not exactly what you were talking about 24th, but here's Asik missing back to back shots in the post, and then one of Holliday missing a layup after the hop step (no contact animation) leading to a fast break on the other end.

I think what DonWuan eluded to earlier is that by pushing the left stick towards the defender, and into their body, even though it may not register a contact animation, i think it does associate it with defensive pressure. I've been doing it all along, and even on the offensive end, which is why I think I'm able to draw more fouls and get more free throws. Give that a try to see if it helps.
i just watched that alley-oop like 10 times lol. i love the snap pass to get it there. it just looked good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »