Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #1129
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The play styles/strategy is what kept me coming back and playing... now I am having trouble finishing games..

I'd been focusing on understanding how to defend the post but I was still having diverse and entertaining games. Now all of the sudden I look up and the last 5-6 games are all the same, and my interest in waning. Of the last few games only Miami was different and that's only because Bosh was ineffective in the post.

I'd consider PRO but the scoring is too easy

Last edited by loadleft; 01-06-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: additional comment
Old 01-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #1130
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm still playing on PRO. Computer has been killing me since I got this game Saturday (had to catch the last day of the 39.99 sale). I think I've only won 3 games so far out of about 10 or so.

This game definitely has a few surprises going on. I've been trying to post Melo and the AI ain't having none of that. They send the double hard and often. There are so many little things going on with the game that I see happening. Great stuff in this. I was playing this game as if it didn't have much depth and wondering why things were happening the way they were.

Why some passes were getting picked off, other things. Now I see the game is much deeper than I first gave credit for. AI can position itself in a "soft man" with an eye on intercepting your pass to a man he's not guarding. Those bounce passes and lobs in post have real usefulness. Not just different passes for the sake of looking good.

I know others disagree but I really feel this game is fundamentally sound with just some patching or tweaking needed. Animations, of course, is another story. They need some help, not all but the ones that do need help REALLY need help.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #1131
Rookie

OVR: 0

One other thing that is KEY to me with Live over most other sport games. Other games it feels like you have to do the "right thing" in order for success in the game, not necessarily the "real thing". I wont use the other game as an example but I'll use Madden. Madden sometimes , a lot of times really, seems you have to put the "right play" in even though the play you have should do the job. What you see happening on the screen seems to have little bearing on success. I remember a while ago someone in those Madden tournaments made an interesting statement, "A lot of people know football but you have to play Madden to win", maybe not those exact words but "You have to play Madden" was definitely the thing that stood out. Other games seem like you have to play "title X" and not sport X to win. So far, and that's a big SO FAR, with this it really feels like playing BASKETBALL is key to success, not "playing Live"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #1132
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I was under the impression that rosters were gonna be updated on a daily basis??? Have they decided not to follow through on this??
This times 10000. My main peeve about these bball games. Take the 76ers. Nerlens is first big off the bench and kwame Brown who was cut over a month ago is still on the bench.

All this talk plus a video on the main page of the game but the rosters aren't even done weekly or daily, much less hours after the games. Stop letting them off of the hook. If I wasnt mainly playing ultimate team, I'd be very upset.

Last edited by Tha_Kid; 01-06-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #1133
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I wouldnt be surprised if they were scrambling to push out fixes instead....

Is kindve odd though, as I thought this was the category Live would dominate.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #1134
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Yeah rosters are falling behind.

Inexcusable. I had the same issue with other titles. I'm just about giving up on sports games ever telling the truth about daily rosters.

Guys like to talk about accessories. I'm definitely on the updated rosters side. And I want them from the developer. I don't need to edit anything. I want the developer to do what they say they would.

Right now both titles have disappointed me immensely with this.

Almost Spring.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 01-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #1135
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudetoo
One other thing that is KEY to me with Live over most other sport games. Other games it feels like you have to do the "right thing" in order for success in the game, not necessarily the "real thing". I wont use the other game as an example but I'll use Madden. Madden sometimes , a lot of times really, seems you have to put the "right play" in even though the play you have should do the job. What you see happening on the screen seems to have little bearing on success. I remember a while ago someone in those Madden tournaments made an interesting statement, "A lot of people know football but you have to play Madden to win", maybe not those exact words but "You have to play Madden" was definitely the thing that stood out. Other games seem like you have to play "title X" and not sport X to win. So far, and that's a big SO FAR, with this it really feels like playing BASKETBALL is key to success, not "playing Live"

You must not have played online yet...

The high success rate of the hop step and spin move will have you feeling like your "playing Live" fairly quickly..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #1136
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

BestBuy finally received my copy...talk about snail mail.

Anyways, I didn't really like the camera angle in the demo. What does everyone round here like?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »