Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #1065
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Post play seems better, under the rim dunks are smoother and not bungie cord like any more.. if they keep paying attention to the small details this game can easliy sit at the same table with 2k.. YES I SAID IT! they do need more options for post play, like a skilled center or power forward who has an arsenal of moves. I have One question.. where does the IGNITE engine come into play? I thought the crowd would be more animated ...dont get me wrong they did a great job.. but some are synced like the crowd movements are choreographed.. they should be more FIFA like IMO. Also the ball dissapears into the stands instead of the crowd interacting with it.tehy would be great to see players falling into camera men and crowds like they do in EVERY single NBA game I have ever watched..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #1066
Rookie

I go into mixtape, check some tracks off, next time I start the game, those songs aren't checked anymore... anybody else?
Old 01-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #1067
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Picked Live up yesterday, played it for a few hours last night.

-Doesn't seem like there are many fouls. Even with all the foul sliders maxed at 100, seems the only way I can draw contact is off the drive (holding R2). Also seems like there's not enough contact in the paint in general.

-Starting to get the hang of the dribbling system. I actually got half-decent at sizing up and breaking down the defender while stationary.

-CPU seems somewhat balanced. Feeding passes into the low block is still the go-to move, but they worked the ball around and even threw up a few contested Js from the perimeter.

-The controls actually felt decent. Basically what I remember from Live 10.

-Of course there are the issues that everyone has complained about (no sliders, 30 FPS when using baseline camera, generic dudes in the Live Season mode...)

Those are just some initial half-baked impressions, I obviously need more time with the game. There's definitely some potential here, though obviously tons of flaws. The weird thing about EA Basketball games is that they have a way of growing on you with extended play time.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #1068
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesthyme
Post play seems better, under the rim dunks are smoother and not bungie cord like any more.. if they keep paying attention to the small details this game can easliy sit at the same table with 2k.. YES I SAID IT! they do need more options for post play, like a skilled center or power forward who has an arsenal of moves. I have One question.. where does the IGNITE engine come into play? I thought the crowd would be more animated ...dont get me wrong they did a great job.. but some are synced like the crowd movements are choreographed.. they should be more FIFA like IMO. Also the ball dissapears into the stands instead of the crowd interacting with it.tehy would be great to see players falling into camera men and crowds like they do in EVERY single NBA game I have ever watched..
Add some player intros and stop with the canned substitution animations.. be true to the game and true to EA SPORTS trade mark.. (if its in the game..its in the game)
Old 01-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #1069
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesthyme
the ignite engine is meant to be able to use code from their other games (fifa madden etc.). but i think for year one they were focused more on their own game and the on court stuff. i would expect to see more individualized crowds and things like that next year.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #1070
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Haven't played in about a week but this is the type of game that is set up for weekly impressions thanks to the synergy and the way i guess EASports is now handling those attributes and animation triggers with it.

Right off the bat i see something different. lighting. i know i know not an animation per say but i swear that horrible GLOSS that the players skin would have giving player models this ugly 'sheen" is almost gone. players skins look more "matte" which is good because ANY bit of realism HELPS

That said.

I found a NEW way to play

I mention din my previous thread about gameplay setting through coaching options but now all this game needs universally is this setting and you have a VERY different game even after the 3rd patch

Just adjust THESE settings FOR all teams and leave other at whatever default

Defense:
On Ball pressure - Tight
Off ball Pressure - Tight
Offensive rebound Tactic- Crash boards
Tempo - Push

Game Difficulty - ROOKIE (believe it)

Auto motion calling - AUTO

What I noticed is that WE WANT the animations to come out so forcing them out with TIGHT,Crash Boards and Push helps ELIMINATE those ugly animations.

Game difficulty at Rookie HELPS the CPU ACT more realistic and be able to miss shots when even they're open(as any high difficulty they just SWISH IN)

Also as an impression the foot planting in this game is GREAT its JUST like Madden's true step and to be opinionated here looks a lot better than 2k's sadly.

Yes there might warping but the run animations are real good in transition for me.

Give these settings a try WTF

Last edited by Tomba; 01-03-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #1071
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll check it out tonight. Thanks Tomba.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #1072
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm hesitant to try out anything

I'm one of the few guys that the game hasn't broken down for I guess.

With that said, I'll let 32 post his findings and I'll probably try to get these tried over the weekend. I've got a playdate with my 2 little ones in a few minutes to give mommy some relaxation time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »