Home

Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement

Only problem with requiring the use of Kinect is that when my toddlers talk in the room it interprets it as random things so I'll end up calling a timeout in the middle of the 1st quarter. Fifa had something similiar where it would fire you from your career mode for too much cussing, and it interpreted my kids babbles as cuss words. Inevitably I end up turning the kinect off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelandair
Only problem with requiring the use of Kinect is that when my toddlers talk in the room it interprets it as random things so I'll end up calling a timeout in the middle of the 1st quarter. Fifa had something similiar where it would fire you from your career mode for too much cussing, and it interpreted my kids babbles as cuss words. Inevitably I end up turning the kinect off.
I'm not advocating a requirement. I'm advocating it the way it is right now. Right now you can use it or not. I personally use it to audible. I would like to use it to identify the Mike. You know that feature that is supposed to be in the game but is not LOL. I would like to use it to set up all kinds of looks on defense. When on defense I would like to not only have stunt commands but also have Bluff commands. So any coverage I should be able to go with Sugar; Red; Green; all bluffs by way. But I should be able to get the front how I want it without manually moving guys around.

Now I do think it would be required to call some of the things I've said though. I don't see how that can be done via the controller. Otherwise, you don't have to call them. Your offense and defense would be more vanilla (in the sense that you would just be using what you can do on a controller), but that's fine too.

I came up with the idea in thinking about how in the hell can they get line stunts in this game with an already overly saturated interface for defense. If they are not going to change the way you call plays I thought about how they could get them in. Slapped myself up side the head and said easy. Kinect. Then I say how can they get coverage shells? Easy Kinect. What about a deeper hot route system on offense. Easy, Kinect.

Last edited by LBzrule; 12-31-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 17
Nice list, crazy to never see a Pass INT or defensive holding penalty. Field goal kicking is just automatic as well. I think special teams as a whole needs to be overhauled to give you a realistic chance of blocking punts/kicks and pulling off decent returns without having to pull some crazy arcade moves to juke the first few defenders.

I would also like to have the ability to call for a double team on a particular defensive lineman.

Also please do a refresh on the playbook. We've seen the same plays for it seems since madden 00. Especially the defensive playbook is really thin IMO.

Although not strategic passing to a RB heading into the flat seems to result in the ball carrier catching and automatically running out of bounds way too often.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Nice list, crazy to never see a Pass INT or defensive holding penalty. Field goal kicking is just automatic as well. I think special teams as a whole needs to be overhauled to give you a realistic chance of blocking punts/kicks and pulling off decent returns without having to pull some crazy arcade moves to juke the first few defenders.

I would also like to have the ability to call for a double team on a particular defensive lineman.

Also please do a refresh on the playbook. We've seen the same plays for it seems since madden 00. Especially the defensive playbook is really thin IMO.

Although not strategic passing to a RB heading into the flat seems to result in the ball carrier catching and automatically running out of bounds way too often.
If they would just do what I ask LOL, this wouldn't be a problem at all.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:51 AM   #29
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
The amount of arrogance displayed by EA Tiburon is absolutely dumbfounding. They let these faults exist year after year and hope their net profit ekes out a gain at EOY, driven entirely by gullible 7 year olds who buy madden thinking it is the best sports game the genre has to offer.

I haven't bought a madden in years. I hope others join me. Many others. Enough is enough. Let lard *** Haumiller and his lazy crew know that this piece of crap game is entirely unacceptable.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:06 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

The Animations are really an eye sore, there are no seemless transitions at all just a bunch of warps and glitches. REALLY buggy stuff. REALLY buggy.

I mean, I honestly have been recording a lot of gameplay to start a thread on how buggy this game is. Its REALLY bad on PS4
Old 01-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 21
They also need to make a more efficient way of viewing player ratings and REMOVE the ratings from the game they CLAIM don't matter anymore.

If I am viewing a WR why do I need to see his BSH, PMV, FMV, TAK, etc ratings ?

They also need to go into detail as to how EVERY rating and player trait effects the players and how they play.
This is stuff that should have BEEN done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5

Options for a much more realistic franchise (connected career). I don't want them to totally scrap the XP stuff. It's already coded and a lot of people enjoy it. But I would like an optional, realistic progression system and realistic franchise. With the current XP system, I feel like I'm putting a quarter into an arcade machine instead of playing a football video sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »