Home

Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
my friend's aunt makes $88 every hour on the computer. She has been out of a job for nine months but last month her pay was $13254 just working on the computer for a few hours. why not try here,,,,,,,,,,, Bay95.COM
Old 12-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement

Give me the following:

1. WR/DB interaction. Makes no sense that FIFA has had jostling for around 4 years now and Madden still don't have it.

2. Over haul special teams. Special teams is still flat out boring because there is no threat of your kick being blocked on punts or FGs. No threat of the CPU returning a punt a TD either.

3. Give me some BAD snaps. Basketball games have bad passes. Soccer games have bad passes. Baseball games have bad pitches and catches. So why can't Madden have bad snaps ?

4. Penalties.

5. Strip ball fumbles. So far the only fumbles I ever see is from hit stick tackles.

6. On the subject of hit stick, bring back MANUAL control of tackling high or low.

7. More varied tackle animations and better situation based tackles. Tired of seeing smaller defenders tackling up high against bigger runners instead of tackling low. More wrap tackles would be nice too.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Give me the following:

1. WR/DB interaction. Makes no sense that FIFA has had jostling for around 4 years now and Madden still don't have it.

4. Penalties.

5. Strip ball fumbles. So far the only fumbles I ever see is from hit stick tackles.

6. On the subject of hit stick, bring back MANUAL control of tackling high or low.

7. More varied tackle animations and better situation based tackles. Tired of seeing smaller defenders tackling up high against bigger runners instead of tackling low. More wrap tackles would be nice too.
Completely agree 1 billion percent. I hate throwing jump/deep balls just to watch my 6'6 TE just stand there and watch the DB pick it off.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I've already spoken about my ideas for hot routes at least for Xbox 1 anyway. Forget controller interface go with Kinect Voice command: http://www.operationsports.com/LBzru...ame-on-xbox-1/
I like this. Seems like a good way to teach less experienced players as well and could ultimately be a little easier to use.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

Quote:
Give me the following:

2. Over haul special teams. Special teams is still flat out boring because there is no threat of your kick being blocked on punts or FGs. No threat of the CPU returning a punt a TD either.

3. Give me some BAD snaps. Basketball games have bad passes. Soccer games have bad passes. Baseball games have bad pitches and catches. So why can't Madden have bad snaps ?

4. Penalties.

For number 5 I've gotten a few strip fumbles, both were different animations and situations too. I think one was with me making a tackle on a QB and as he was falling, the defender reached in and pulled the ball loose. Another was actually when the CPU caught a pass and was getting tackled and the ball came in contact with CPU teammates' hand and fell loose. And the last one I recall was RGIII making a tackle from behind to club upward underneath my players' arm twice to knock it loose. Strip fumbles are there they're just really rare, so they could probably change it up maybe by increasing the occurrence instead of it being mostly hit sticks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #22
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Give me the following:

4. Penalties.

Agree with all this. I think point 1 needs to just be an overhaul of the passing game altogether including WR/DB interaction. Passing animations, dropback animations, catch animations, pass trajectories, bad throws, etc.

And along the same lines, I'd like to see more "human errors" than just bad snaps. False starts on the center. Fumbled snaps, fumbled handoffs, QBs tripping over lineman, WRs slipping in routes, DBs slipping, not just in bad weather games.

I do see strip fumbles now, but not accompanying strip animations. Sometimes I'll hit the strip button when going in for a tackle and he tackles the player and the player fumbles, but not because of a strip animation.

And in regards to injuries, will we ever see real time injuries? The irony of the demand for a lot of these features is they've been done before (albeit some by other games) but it's not uncharted territory.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

I also agree with the WR DB interactions, including pass trajectories, INTs, etc. it seems like it happens less now after the patch but there are still instances where, if the ball were on the proper trajectory (even using players like 99 Montana with high accuracy ratings), DBS and linebackers that get beat by multiple yards can stop and jump 5' in the air and pick it off when it would realistically go over their heads most of the time, or at the most maybe get a fingertip or hand on it. Instead you often get punished for beating DBs since they're so good at undercutting passes where they're practically 5 yards behind the WR.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I would love to see a voice command system where all you have to do is say the player's last name, followed by an assignment.

So you could say:

"Bailey, shade in."

And Champ Bailey plays inside technique on whomever he's covering.
I shall add that to the list. Also Facemask, I have no problemo with Kinect I didn't think I would like it, but to me this thing can revolutionize sports games since most sports are about communication. Just my opinion. I've already detailed how EA could use it. I like the suggestion jyoung just made too. Having the entire coaching and adjustment experience under the sound of your voice would just be way too good to be true, which is why I know it will not get done LOL. I just get the sense they are content and don't want to push the game. We'll see though.

Adding to jyoung's suggestion:

Why can't I just call my entire defense through voice.

4-3 Over, Base Cover 3, 4 Across (shell).
Then if I want to make adjustments at the line I should be able to do that too. Not only that with Kinect, there is no reason why they cannot have guys actually playing their real positions, like Sam backer and then you can call the strength at the line of scrimmage and they line up based on how you call the strength.

Again, I'm fascinated with the kinect and its possibilities, which will probably get largely ignored, for sports gaming, in particular football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »