Home

Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement

Madden NFL 25 is a lot of fun this year on next-gen consoles, but that doesn't mean the game is perfect. We check in today with a look at some areas within the game which need improvement as we head into next year, tackling everything from big to small issues. Check out our list and let us know what you've found!

Read More - Madden NFL 25: Strategic Areas Which Need Improvement
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Those are all really well thought out suggestions. Here''s a pet peeve of mines since well, since forever. Why is it that you can change any teams playbook to whatever plays that you want?? I know that will anger a lot of people but in what way is that realistic?? The problem that causes is unlike the real NFL Im not playing against the individual match ups like what happens in the real NFL. Im defending against your set of play(s) that you choose to run. The number four receiver from the Lions may not be quite as proficient as the fourth receiver from the Bengals for instance. Yet they run the routes exactly the same way and get open the exact same no matter which team I pick because I just use the same playbook. Or how about on defense when I run a 4-3 with a 3-4 team? Every player is out of place because the 3-4 end is now playing 4-3 end. In the NFL its a totally different position with different responsibilities but on Madden it makes no difference whatsoever. The NFL is a match up league where in Madden its very apparent that's not true. That would be almost equivalent to running the Rockets plays while playing with the Thunder and still getting 20 and 10 with K. Perkins. Sounds dumb right?
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
agree with everything said especially

1. penalties have always been my biggest gripe!!!

2. as well as the subbing in and out of different packages. the way it stands now is that they just spawn in and out (that's my best description.) subbing different packages in and out takes time. I ant to see the players coming from the sidelines to the field and vice versa. this would give clock management an entire different meaning. just make it an option. this adds real time elements to the game.

its about time Madden completely becomes real time. if they want to show replays keep the clock moving. bring back the old set up where you could select plays while the replay was playing. on the ps1 and ps2 days. and its also time that Madden gives us teh option of the agme being totally manual controled. on every feature. from hand offs to the rb, to catching the ball etc.
bring back the manual controls on or off .

between this and the subbing of packages time management again becomes important.

I like the bad snaps idea on kicking and should be added to the center/qb aspect also. there are clearly enough button combos too pull this off.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Good write-up. Wind direction and Standings should easily be patched, not doing so is developer laziness. Unfortunately, the developers have a history of inaccurate standings and tie breakers.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
extremely good list - I do give EA credit for the fact that Madden is a fun game to play. But in my opinion many of these are easy no brainers that never get addressed from year to year.

a bigger problem, that would take a lot more to solve is the NFL draft. Head Coach 09 had the best scouting\draft system of any game - yet none of those innovations made it into Madden yet. Current Madden drafts are nothing more then a crapshoot.

I understand the concern about the casual gamer, but I believe those concerns are already addressed with the "sign players for me" type of yes\no toggles. a simple scout for me and draft for me toggle would solve all of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Excellent list and all these elements should be included. With the next gen systems in place there's no reason not be able to add each feature lists above.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19
Visual upgrades has always been the foundation of EA football games.

Looking at the guts of the CG Installed Game, most of the issues noted go far back as 2007, yet still remain part of the current build/programming of the game.

What the Game Install reveals is that there was really little advancement done to the game throughout the CG cycle.

Also, the metrics used for penalties etc... are just goofy and in many ways show how there was a deliberate attempt to keep the game from performing in a realistic simulation manner.
(on a 100 scale 25% chance a Def PI gets called and <5% chance of a Blocked Kick)

When I saw the same "EXACT" metric numbers in '06, '08, '10, '12, '13 and M25, it confirmed what many have been saying over the course of CG.

And from what I've been told, Next Gen rollout of Madden is following the same cycle as Madden 06 did for CG. (even worse is that EA football is soooooo restrictive now with the CCM garbage)

Why include non-NFL teams as part of the game if you're refusing to give gamers some/any customization access to those non-NFL teams.
Having access to change the colors of these teams Uni's has no impact on CCM Mode at all, but this how/what EA does.

Back to the Installed Game I go....
Old 12-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Great suggestions. The penalty situation really needs to be addressed. It's sad that NFL 2K5's half time show is still the gold standard too. Madden 25 doesn't even really have one. I'd love to see score updates or a ticker like NCAA Football 14's too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »