Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #745
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Rock a WTF avatar Marino.

Glad to have you aboard. Post your impressions, good or bad. The Live team is listening and does take constructive criticism's to heart. I'm dying to play the game today, unfortunately work takes precedence over gaming today. C'mon weekend!
I've actually been having quite a bit of fun playing Ultimate Team. My big issue is that CPU big men in the post spin baseline quite often and easily for layups
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #746
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
thank you very much and thanks to you I've got nba live is I'm glad I did, but then it is a problem I can not solve in any way?
I'd say that it's most likely a problem that can't be solved by you right now. When I get home, I'll boot up Live and see if I can find an option that you may be overlooking. If I can, I'll post it up for you.

Glad that you have the game as well.

I'm seriously glad that more and more guys are finding their way over to this game. It is a VERY solid game with Excellent AI. I've not had the issues that some have had for one reason or another. It does make some boneheaded plays occasionally, but I'm having a better time thinking of a strategy against a stellar AI with the occasional mishap than a pretty game that makes me think "What the heck?" with some of the "plays" that I've seen happen.

Also, I didn't notice until Platano Games mentioned it, but there are several new cheerleading routines as well, Small, but worth mentioning.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #747
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

finally have my xbone ordered and it should be here by monday. itll be nice to be able to play this game in my own home instead of relying on other people.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #748
Rookie

but also the fact that players have the cpu never goes under the name is one of my bug?
Old 12-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #749
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Just started to play the game yesterday and i'm loving it. I don't known why, but NBA 2K does not convince me. It's beautiful to watch, but not great to play. (not played 2k on next gen yet).
My first impressions:

- More fouls please, especially in the paint. It will solve another problem, who is too many points in the paint. I think it's the only stat who is lacking at the end of the games.

- CPU needs to play a little more of a mid range game. They force too much the ball inside IMO.

- Would be nice to have that nba live 10 practice court back, in the beginning of the game, with a lot os stars shooting around.

- Were is the stadium announcers, calling tha player names after the buckets? Am i missing something?

- Would like to be able to start my dinasty with the option of starting today with the rosters and injuries the way they are today. It makes all the difference in the world to me as a Bulls fan, since at the beginning of the season we were playing for championship and now we're more on a rebuilding type of season.

Other than that, i'm in love with the game. Thanks to the EA guys who are here listening to our opinions. You really can make the jump and bring Live back at the top just like Fifa did.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #750
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Glad to see you aboard fhs2! I see quite a few midrange jumpers in the game, but agree that PiP is a little high on several of the games that I've played. The fouls will definitely take that down a notch I'm sure.

The hanger practice court was awesome. I sat there a lot of times and just watched other players shoot

Keep the impressions coming as you get more time with it.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #751
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
but also the fact that players have the cpu never goes under the name is one of my bug?
The player names flashing on screen for a second then disappearing is definitely not a bug.

It is just the way they designed the game.

It would be nice though if they at least had the option to keep the names on screen all the time like in Pro Evolution Soccer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #752
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
You know that scene in HomeAlone where Kevin says he always wishes he could be alone but when he is alone he doesn't have that much fun? That's my situation where a voice inside of me says "PLAY THAT OTHER GAME WITH THE AMAZING GRAPHICS" but when I play it I don't have much fun and then I play Live and I have a blast. It may take effort for me to say hey start up Live and play a game because i know graphics and animation quality aren't the greatest but when I start playing, I really enjoy the things it does well.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Exactly how I feel. There are times I'm in the mood for pretty graphics, but when I play it all I can think of is Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »