Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #713
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
What camera settings are everyone using?
Because of the frame rate issues with Baseline High and Baseline Low, the EA Sports and ESPN cameras are basically the only functional views right now.

I don't use the ESPN camera because it is arena-specific, and some of the views are really poor on certain courts.

I just leave it on the EA Sports camera, though even that view has some issues with the bottom of the screen getting blocked by fans and by the score overlay.

Live really should have implemented the custom camera feature from FIFA or EA NHL.

Quote:
Also anyone know what the action camera does?
Turning on the "action" option will make the camera move around dynamically to follow the ball. I don't like it very much, so I just leave it off.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #714
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
What camera settings are everyone using? Also anyone know what the action camera does? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone
I do ea sports angle which is the standard broadcast camera
Old 12-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #715
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I do ea sports angle which is the standard broadcast camera
No, the ESPN cam is the default camera.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #716
Rookie

I'm impressed with the foundation EA laid this year for future iterations of NBA Live. There are a lot of positive things I'm seeing and I'm happy I read the impressions section because I can validate now a lot of the things you guys were seeing.

I purchased the game also because I was impressed by O'brien's open letter and his commitment to improving the game and the first couple patches did just that.

Now on to what I like about Live. The court spacing, court size, rebounding, difficulty, and strategies are all first rate. I've never seen court spacing this good in a basketball game. In the NBA if you get past your defender you have options. If lebron gets in the lane, there are so many possibilities given his athleticism, skill, and vision and this game really mimics that well. If you beat your defender in this game, the defense will rotate, and all you have to do is find the open. It's a very nice feeling to break down the defense in this game and it's not a good feeling when you do and can't hit the open shot.

Rebounding has a really good feel to it. If you have your man boxed out, and see where the rebound is going, more often than not you will grab that board. It's not iffy anymore and doesn't seem like a dice roll in whether you get the rebound or not. Nothing more frustrating than playing great defense, box your man out, get a good bounce off the rim and somehow the ball goes to the offense. This game really gets it right.

Excited to start a fantasy draft dynasty. Should I build around Paul George or Kevin Durant ha?
Old 12-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #717
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

Well there goes my game atmosphere again. Really making me frustrated because I like the playoff atmosphere option.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #718
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Well there goes my game atmosphere again. Really making me frustrated because I like the playoff atmosphere option.

What happened
Old 12-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #719
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phIllypride89
I'm impressed with the foundation EA laid this year for future iterations of NBA Live. There are a lot of positive things I'm seeing and I'm happy I read the impressions section because I can validate now a lot of the things you guys were seeing.

I purchased the game also because I was impressed by O'brien's open letter and his commitment to improving the game and the first couple patches did just that.

Now on to what I like about Live. The court spacing, court size, rebounding, difficulty, and strategies are all first rate. I've never seen court spacing this good in a basketball game. In the NBA if you get past your defender you have options. If lebron gets in the lane, there are so many possibilities given his athleticism, skill, and vision and this game really mimics that well. If you beat your defender in this game, the defense will rotate, and all you have to do is find the open. It's a very nice feeling to break down the defense in this game and it's not a good feeling when you do and can't hit the open shot.

Rebounding has a really good feel to it. If you have your man boxed out, and see where the rebound is going, more often than not you will grab that board. It's not iffy anymore and doesn't seem like a dice roll in whether you get the rebound or not. Nothing more frustrating than playing great defense, box your man out, get a good bounce off the rim and somehow the ball goes to the offense. This game really gets it right.

Excited to start a fantasy draft dynasty. Should I build around Paul George or Kevin Durant ha?

obviously kd! I would wait until the big patch man, don't want to start a dynasty and have to start over again.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #720
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
What happened
You can view my thread I created about it but basically my game atmosphere option has completely disappeared. It reappeared yesterday but then as my last post says, it disappeared again today.
Here's the link to the thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=692807

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »