Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #793
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
I hate that people who are deeply just to say that I'm playing nba 2k live and not to tell me that then they are for basketball arcade, the harlem globtrotters, but then if you ask but have you played it? imagine the answer ...

Got it. I'm not surprised how some react. Sometimes I feel some wanted Live to fail. Why?? I will never know

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #794
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Got it. I'm not surprised how some react. Sometimes I feel some wanted Live to fail. Why?? I will never know

Sent from my iPhone

especially in Italy nba live is considered pretty much the **** of sports games, but this at least five or six years, I have played for a long time to nba live 10 and everything seemed sincerely except that an arcade game, I apologize if they are often not clear in I write what I try to do everything possible :-)
Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #795
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I think disgruntled for the approach they had with Elite and giving up on Live 10 and not using that engine. IMO if they would have worked off of Live 10 engine and not started over they'd be way better off rep wise... IMO its good they are back, makes the competition better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #796
Rookie

OVR: 8

Had a chance to play the full game at my friend's while on break from work up in NY.

Wow. They really should at least try to bring the same improvements to the demo (or have they, and I'm just unaware due to not playing the demo since early Dec?)

Whereas when playing the demo in complete shock at how bad it was, I actually can appreciate some of the stronger points and actually enjoy it for what it is. Not sure if I'll buy it this year but props to the Live team for tweaking and trying to improve this game in earnest. Here's hoping they KEEP this base, and for 15 work on:

Can't say enough, they really need to focus on the individuality of this sport. Body types/player models need to be more varied.

I think with more time they'll be able to fill in the commentary holes. Right now it doesn't really flow.

I hope they get rid of cutscenes. Just leave it "live" so to speak, from subs to free throw cutaways, timeouts, everything. Just switch the camera but leave it live for everything happening.

I've heard of the hopstep "cheese" but I haven't really seen it really used abusively. My boy wasn't using it at all, and when I did a few times in a row, he still didn't. A few times he stopped me with it but the way it can be used willy-nilly without penalty is the bigger issue probably. Needs to be charges/lose-the-ball penalties for abusing it.

Sliders are a must, we're almost in 2014. Regardless of their necessity or core gameplay, they're a must.

Not big on CAP. Don't really miss it, but editing players is also a must in 2013.

Honestly, I think a full slider array would remedy SO MUCH here.

But that brings me to my main point. It seems like they had an objective: get the game out the door. So decisions were made. I can't speak to how long the actual dev cycle was, if the team is "lazy" or not "prioritizing" effectively. I just feel like they have something here. They have something. And I get the feeling that was the goal. To have something out.

Just keep what's here and work on it. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 12-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #797
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm loving the game thus far.

It's not the run and gun live of the past. I like it and can't get enough of it for some reason.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #798
MVP

OVR: 6

Just finished playing the heat with
the wiz. Wow. The heat played just like they do in real life. I came out on fire in the first qtr. Wall was killing them. Lebron made a couple of baskets but I ended the qtr up by 7. It was nice while it lasted. Wade out of no where got aggressive. Scored 10 in every qtr to end the game. Lebron got super aggressive in the 4th scoring 14. He ended with 23. Bosh had 25. I lost by 8. We both had 6 blocks a piece. The only two stats that were crazy was hardly any fouls called and pts in the paint. I had 50 and I the heat had 80. Game is so much fun.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #799
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Personally I think the this game has been overhyped excessively.

Yes the retail is smoother than the demo but its really not hard to improve over hot garbage.

From playing the last Live that was released and the finished Elite, and seeing the Live 13 video, this game belongs on the PS3/360 because honestly its not nex gen at all IMO.

The fastbreak game is still not there, the movement is embarrassing, the inside game is still lacking and its weird how you are not in control of the way the players animate moves, unless you're doing some of the same things because of a lack of animation which is basically the next point. The in the paint cheese is in full effect, the player interactions and physics are awful, which is why you can still do pop up dunks and its like the the defender wasn't even there (very NBA Elite like ala Boozer taking off from the FT Line over KG with no hinderance.) Some of it, the AI is just dumb where they don't even play real on ball defense..something we saw happen in the early trailer preview.

I still see the same In The Zone 98 looking rebounds, some drop to the floor, and the ones you grab most of the time look like the player has pogo stick springs in his legs.

I honestly see alot of recycled code in the game from ball/rim physics because some of the core issues were never addressed, so I'd say the reviews were pretty spot on. With the way the sales are this game needs a significant change if its to survive on this generation. I hope they do better next year by a landslide so more people can enjoy more than one game, but if it remains like this, I don't see this being too much different than last gen.

Being able to run some half court sets are cool but then again that wasn't lacking in the last one to be honest. Some of the defensive settings are new and nice to have as well, it just blows that you can offset that at any point with the weak post defense cheese. I had Amare run inside with 3 men in front of him and all I did was shoot it up with the ball warping through heads and arms and there was no hinderance whatsoever.

Anyway for all of the good you might see there are so many things that need to be overhauled because its the exact reason this series was cancelled in the first place and people aren't going to magically just start buying hundreds of thousands of copies with it in this condition. People keep saying its a foundation...man its been a foundation since Live 2006. Being on a new system has to be far beyond a foundation game to survive.

That's just my take. I know its new again and different but thats just not enough to be honest.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #800
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Personally I think the this game has been overhyped excessively.
That's your opinion, and thankfully, we all have one

Personally, I think the game is excellent.

I'm in control of my players, I can control my moves at will, I can execute a fast break, and am getting fast breaks against me.

The AI is not a script fest, if you take away one option, it will branch into another. The play doesn't break down immediately.

The AI doesn't play on ball defense? I don't have a clue what game you're playing. I'm getting bodied, ball denial, traps off the dribble, you name it, I'm seeing it. I'm playing the Heat right now, and it's night and day from the game I played against Golden State. The Heat are playing the passing lane, swarming defense, eating me alive. Their quick rotations and traps are awesome.

But again, your opinion is yours, my opinion is mine. If you feel I'm overhyping my opinion, then that's cool. I'm glad I have my opinion to go by.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »