Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #633
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timber Wolf
It happens pre and post patch IF you closely guard the CPU ball handler. That video is exactly what happens. If you stand back and let them run a play etc,they will. But if the cpu main guy like Curry or Kyrie etc is the ball handler, you sort of have to guard them, right? And if you do, that's what happens.
I closely guard the ball handler in most cases, and I've still never seen this. I don't know how you're seeing this and I'm not. Granted, I'm glad I'm not, but still peculiar.

It seems more and more folks are seeing the game, and the Live teams updates as a better game,and a more appealing game, so I'm not totally off of my rocker, like others led me to believe earlier.

Regardless, hopefully the game continues to improve, and those types of things will be fixed for those having the issue.

Timber, are you one of them who are having the CE errors? I'm wondering if there's "something" that's not installing right, or downloading right, etc causing errors. I've gotten a couple of those blue screen errors, but mine are after leaving a game paused for 5-6 hours, and then coming back home and it's blue screened.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #634
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I'm trying to upload a clip to facebook, final 6 minutes of the Bobcats (me) vs Hawks. I took the lead into the last 5 minutes of the game, and although it played a little more dumb than I'm used to on their final play trying to cut into the lead, it's still a lot better than the clip above. I attribute it to being the Hawks

They called a timeout on the ensuing possession. Looked for a quick basket on the final possession. Nothing like the above. I don't get it really, why some guys have those issues, and others don't, myself included. I'll try another later with a little more offensive aware team as well.

This is my first time playing against the Hawks, and first time playing as the Bobcats too. Man, what an ugly game it was, haha. Keep your fingers crossed that it uploads and no errors this time.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #635
Pro

OVR: 9

I downloaded the demo and I like that it plays a little slower than NBA 2K. I did not see any fouls called during the game though but I am assuming this would be fixed with sliders?

I truly wish they would offer the digital games for a little cheaper than retail price because if they did I would be purchasing right now.

Time to go look for some online deals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #636
MVP

OVR: 4

40 on amazon for ps4.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #637
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timber Wolf
Got two games going on my NBA league pass (sac v orlando + SA v OKC)
and these players absolutely sprint aggressively when in the open court. They are aggressive, physical and fast. That's why they are the best athletes in the world. Half openings and guys sprint and attack. Defensive rebounds and they are off and running down court. 3 on 1s and any half chances and they attack the hoop. NBA live just doesn't have this speed or athleticism. It just seems too passive / wait for a half court play to be run regardless.

Definitely agree here...it wasn't as bad last gen but it seems to be something that has plagued the most recent iterations of the series...the high pace action/athleticism of the game isn't really reflected well...which is just as much "real basketball" as a slow pace with half court sets...I can probably count on my hands how many times i've seen a properly executed fast break...

I also agree with the spacing...I was skeptical at first that it was because there was no movement but it's legit....I wish defenders sold out a little more to help...then the drive and kick game would look a lot better...
Old 12-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #638
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
I have never experienced that.. I've had a couple of time where the CPU just don't wanna move the ball up the court so they get called for a 8 second or sometimes they just run the clock out. But never later game. And those examples where before the patch. Not had it happening after.
exactly! yet to see this happen in any game i've played and i'm at level 33. I remember never getting some of the glitches in mlb the show that other guys have complained about.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #639
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1401315140114182

Like I said, not the best representation that I've seen, this is probably the "worst" that I've seen it yet. The possession with :42 left to play is tough with Millsap taking the 3, but they were shooting and not dribbling the clock out. Like I said, I'll chalk this up to them being the Hawks

Don't judge my game either, I've got two youngins under two to contend with right now while mom's at the hair stylist,
Old 12-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #640
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I'm gonna post this video here too, hilarious Bosh Flop after trolling Hibbert with a smile. Right afterwards, Haslem just bends over in disbelief at the terrible flop

I know its probably not designed like that, but it was hilarious to go into replay, and see Bosh cheese prior to flopping, and then Haslems' reaction

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1401326466779716
Click on HD

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1401327646779598
Closeup of the flop

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »