Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #665
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Yeah, I still get my behind handed to me occasionally on Pro too. Most are just really competitive games.

I've not had this much fun with a game in a long time.

Working a strategy and executing in this game is unmatched in my eyes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #666
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I don't know if it's just me putting in more time with the demo, but I'm finding a real flow with this game and it's fun. Goodness is it fun. It doesn't feel like a chore to actually perform like a star player. And that's what I really want in a sports game.

I just ordered this from Amazon.

Thanks for the impressions. And WTF thanks for that video clip. It completely sold me on giving the demo more time and falling in like with this game.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #667
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
9th game of the season against the Thunder(I use GSW)and just lost a nail biter 96-94. The game was back and forth the whole time, and I had to play my *** off to keep it that close with lack of big man inside to rebound against the likes of Durant, Ibaka, and Perkins.

Ran a smart offense, played solid defense - but in the end the thunder were just a bit better on this night. Heck of game, and can't wait to game 10 of my dynasty later!

Appreciate the suggestion to just keep playing on Pro WTF, as the game suits me the best - and offers a real challenge most nights.
pro games are more fun but you need the challenge of all star, only makes you better.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #668
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

You're at the same spot that I was in. Putting in more and more time with the demo, really getting a feel for the game. Wanting more.

Once you get the retail, turn on auto motion and enjoy. It's the most fun I've had with a sports game. Win or lose, I can pinpoint why. Only game I've seen that can provide a competitive game every game without feeling cheesed.

I was beat by 21 points the other day because I forgot to make adjustments and adjust my strategies.

I won by 12 earlier today after a back and forth game. With 3 minutes to go, I was up by 4. I called a timeout, made some defensive adjustments, and proceeded on to a comfortable win. I feel like each"stop" is a building block. Focusing on each possession to build my lead.

I've rambled. Enjoy CMH.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #669
Rookie

OVR: 0

I confirm, the reviews do not do justice to this game thanks to the patch, there are so many things that I like in this game, the pace of the game from how to play the cpu, if they make a patch where improved graphics and some movements (the Stoppata is unwatchable) I think can be a great basketball game simulation much more than you think, about the schemes was wondering if there is such a thing in nba 2k14 on the field where the patterns appear to follow, I'm sorry if I'm not very clear in writing but I write from italy :-)
Old 12-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #670
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
I confirm, the reviews do not do justice to this game thanks to the patch, there are so many things that I like in this game, the pace of the game from how to play the cpu, if they make a patch where improved graphics and some movements (the Stoppata is unwatchable) I think can be a great basketball game simulation much more than you think, about the schemes was wondering if there is such a thing in nba 2k14 on the field where the patterns appear to follow, I'm sorry if I'm not very clear in writing but I write from italy :-)

In settings, turn on "show play art"
Old 12-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #671
MVP

OVR: 9

Welp.... Official a part of the dark side, lol. Don't get me wrong, I love nextgen 2k14, but I rather see 1000 bad animations or etc... Than to deal with one more second of VC! That has pushed my final straw. Synergy has actually made a bigger impact than I expected! I guess it's going to be 2k14 against users (lol... No way you can play live 14 against users unless there cheese free), and live 14 against CPU... Really likening the flow of the game now that I put it on pro!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #672
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Just had one of THE best bball games against a CPU opponet. If EA ups fouls they'll have winner in terms of gameplay. I can look past the graphics if the game play works.

Also, I'm really ok with no sliders. It's nice not having to worry about adjusting sliders all day. I can just focus on playing bball.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (135.3 KB, 117 views)

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »