Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #617
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Love this about the game. The CPU AI is pretty darn good. They make adjustments accordingly and there is nothing cheesy about it.

This is what I was talking about 24th Letter. It's not my game it's what's happening and I was shocked when you said you haven't really noticed. Not pointing you out 24th it's all good bro!!

My season starts tomorrow with Kobe!!!! and the Lakers!!!

Sent from my iPhone

No offense taken...we all view things differently...

All I know is as of this morning I can take my SG clear across court for a possession and the opposing SG won't get the ball..
Old 12-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #618
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm playing Detroit at Brooklyn right now, and absolutely having a ball. I love the Barclays' Center in this game. The floor and colors are really well done in my opinion. Having a blast going at KG with Drummond and Monroe. Jennings is trying to break D-Will, D-Will coming right back at me. Just a lot of fun

Also, really like the ESPN camera in BKN too. It's a little further away than I'm used to, but everything seems really fluid on this setting.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #619
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Are dunks able to be blocked, every time the CPU attempted a dunk and I tried to block it, I was unsuccessful.
answer to your question https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 12-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #620
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Just had the best game that I've played of Live 14 yet. Stats may not have indicated a perfect game, but the feel of it was perfect.

Pistons (me) vs Nets at BKN. Game went back and forth all game long. Jennings was outstanding for me. This is my first time playing as the Pistons period, so it was a good change of pace. I was going to Monroe and Drummond early on. Stuckey was sucky. Smith was Non-existent. So it was basically Monroe, Drummond and Jennings.

D-Will got to the rim a few times early, and then got free for the mid range jumper, step back j's, you name it.

Late in the 4th quarter I was down 8, cut it to 3.. Then D-Will decided to remove my glimmer of hope. He hit a long range 3 when I went to double down on Lopez. Next possession, Jennings fouls out. I ended up losing 108-99. Here are the stats:

Tough Tough Loss.

I can't reiterate enough though, this was the most fluid game that I've played. Everything just felt right control wise, and I'd say 95% of the animations were good.

Free Throws? I shot 18, then shot 20. Only 8 blocks per team. PiP, mine were low. Theirs was 68 out of the 108. A little high, but it'd didn't feel it.

An absolute blast.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #621
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Just had the best game that I've played of Live 14 yet. Stats may not have indicated a perfect game, but the feel of it was perfect.

Pistons (me) vs Nets at BKN. Game went back and forth all game long. Jennings was outstanding for me. This is my first time playing as the Pistons period, so it was a good change of pace. I was going to Monroe and Drummond early on. Stuckey was sucky. Smith was Non-existent. So it was basically Monroe, Drummond and Jennings.

D-Will got to the rim a few times early, and then got free for the mid range jumper, step back j's, you name it.

Late in the 4th quarter I was down 8, cut it to 3.. Then D-Will decided to remove my glimmer of hope. He hit a long range 3 when I went to double down on Lopez. Next possession, Jennings fouls out. I ended up losing 108-99. Here are the stats:

Tough Tough Loss.

I can't reiterate enough though, this was the most fluid game that I've played. Everything just felt right control wise, and I'd say 95% of the animations were good.

Free Throws? I shot 18, then shot 20. Only 8 blocks per team. PiP, mine were low. Theirs was 68 out of the 108. A little high, but it'd didn't feel it.

An absolute blast.
What's ur opinion of live compared to 2k. I don't know exactly what it is, I can't put a finger on my love of live. I mean honestly it seems like 2k is a video game and live is the real thing, not gameplay wise, I think maybe presentation wise, I feel more immersed by live then I do with 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #622
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I remember reading pre-release that if a player had a big game he'd get a standing ovation from the crowd on his way to the bench. Is this actually in the game? Anybody seen it?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 12-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #623
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I've not paid attention, hopefully I won't have it happen again.

Forgot to mention, the crowd was HYPED late in the 4th. Had I not have hit a B Jennings stepback at the right time, I'm pretty sure that the roof was about to blow off of the Barclays Center.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #624
Rookie

OVR: 0

Got two games going on my NBA league pass (sac v orlando + SA v OKC)
and these players absolutely sprint aggressively when in the open court. They are aggressive, physical and fast. That's why they are the best athletes in the world. Half openings and guys sprint and attack. Defensive rebounds and they are off and running down court. 3 on 1s and any half chances and they attack the hoop. NBA live just doesn't have this speed or athleticism. It just seems too passive / wait for a half court play to be run regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »