Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #601
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Really enjoyed my first day with it. It's a good sidekick to 2K when I'm trying to get my basketball fix in.

I know there is still a lot of work to be done on it, but I genuinely enjoyed it for what it was. I knew what I was getting every time I put in the disc.

I don't know if it is nostalgia or what, but I really like having 2 basketball games again. I'm excited to see what improvements the team makes over the next couple of months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #602
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

I might be in the minority but I love he soundtrack, in my opinion it has a more basketball feel then 2k soundtrack.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #603
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
I might be in the minority but I love he soundtrack, in my opinion it has a more basketball feel then 2k soundtrack.
I agree 100 percent. It's funny because I read a review where I guy said the soundtrack was generic but 2K's soundtrack is just Lebron choosing the top ten songs you hear on the radio where Lives sound track, I can't even find half the songs on iTunes! I also love being able to choose different songs for different modes.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #604
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I agree 100 percent. It's funny because I read a review where I guy said the soundtrack was generic but 2K's soundtrack is just Lebron choosing the top ten songs you hear on the radio where Lives sound track, I can't even find half the songs on iTunes! I also love being able to choose different songs for different modes.
Yeah I hate the 2k soundtrack, it seems like they wanted to appease to many crowds. I can't stand blurred lines and the dude who sounds lie rick Ross lol I do like daft punk but live soundtrack is a real basketball soundtrack.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #605
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Yeah I hate the 2k soundtrack, it seems like they wanted to appease to many crowds. I can't stand blurred lines and the dude who sounds lie rick Ross lol I do like daft punk but live soundtrack is a real basketball soundtrack.
If you look at my "customized" 2K soundtrack like half the songs I can't stand are turned off. I actually loved 2K soundtracks in the past but they've become way to mainstream. Like really?!?! Robin thicke in a basketball game?!?! But anyways, back to the topic of Live impressions, after the patch I experienced a game that felt really scripted which is my biggest pet peeve in basketball games. It was at the very end of the game but two inbound plays in a row, dirk fired the ball right at the defenders hands(warped once) which they put in for easy layups. When I finally got the ball in, calderone did some canned animation which is also my biggest pet peeve in a game an like lost the ball as the time ran out. Never seen that animation before but it made me really frustrated. I hope I never see it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #606
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I think the #1 priority in the next patch should be to fix paint defense...it's pretty bad...I feel like I am at the games mercy if someone is attacking me straight on...I have no idea if there will be a collision or not....and most of the time it's not...same with players under the basket..,

I like the way players rally in the paint with their arms straight up, but it's pretty much for show unless you pull off a block...

Same on the other side of the ball...the spacing is great,..but for what when you can pretty much get to the rim and score...this makes it less of a chess match and more of me holding myself back to mimic simulation lol
Old 12-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #607
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Lamarcus Aldridge just KILLED me and the Kings. 54 Points. Dude was near unstoppable, add to the fact that when I'd double, he'd set up on the same side as Lillard, for an easy kickout. I was helpless. I cut it to a 5 point deficit late in the fourth, but Lillard shattered my hopes with back to back 3's.

Then, I tried to take a picture of the Blazer's Leading Scorer's in the post game score, and the game froze

Rematch, here I come.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #608
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

Are dunks able to be blocked, every time the CPU attempted a dunk and I tried to block it, I was unsuccessful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »