Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #553
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I hope more people take Live 14 for a spin and play more than 2 games, it's a really fun game with flaws. The pace is fantastic, just need some oomph on the fast breaks. If the fast breaks were more fluid it would be my favorite hoop game ever.

Of course that's my opinion. 8/10

I concur with your score. I'm in the mid 7's to 8 range as well

For some reason when I call offensive plays the diagram shows but after a qtr or so they disappear?? Anyone else notice this? I check the settings and everything is good there. Not sure on this one??

Gonna start my season this weekend as gonna be off for 4 days starting Monday. Still undecided on 10/11/12 minutes. I play a slow style game sooo

Fast breaks. If they could gets these more refined that would do it for me this year. The rest I could live with

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #554
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I concur with your score. I'm in the mid 7's to 8 range as well

For some reason when I call offensive plays the diagram shows but after a qtr or so they disappear?? Anyone else notice this? I check the settings and everything is good there. Not sure on this one??

Gonna start my season this weekend as gonna be off for 4 days starting Monday. Still undecided on 10/11/12 minutes. I play a slow style game sooo

Fast breaks. If they could gets these more refined that would do it for me this year. The rest I could live with

Sent from my iPhone
if that is the case with play art disappearing you should post it in the bugs thread. that would definitely need to be fixed.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #555
Rookie

OVR: 4

I played most of the day today, and plan on doing the same the next couple of days as I'm off of work and my wife isn't. I just have so much gaming to do

Despite it's flaws, I can't stop playing this game. It's the most fun that I've had with a basketball game in a long time. I think the biggest reason for that is because every game just feels different.

I played six 12 minute quarter Dynasty games today, and none of them felt the same. I lost a close game to the Nuggets. I beat the Clippers in OT. I got blown out by the Warriors. I blew out the Hawks. And the close games were exciting; getting blown out was frustrating. I was completely immersed in the ebbs and flows of each game. And end the end, that's all that really matters to me.

But, there are a couple things that tend to bother me. I'd really love to know if either of these issues I have might be fixed in a patch:

1) Points in the Paint. It's not a problem every game, but I experience it enough that it can be bothersome at times. It's a combination of not really being able to body up your defender when he's driving the lane/baseline and the hop step animation that can't be stopped. Even just eliminating the hop step cheese would probably eliminate that issue.

2) Blocks. Way too many blocks on jumpers. Demarcus Cousins shouldn't be getting stuffed by Jermaine O'Neal multiple times a game. And again it's not all of the time, but it's annoying when it happens in critical moments.

If they could just fix those two issues for me, I'm golden. But even so, I'm just enjoying the hell out of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #556
Rookie

OVR: 1

Add smoother fast breaks to your post JoeDog and your post is perfect.

I'm already loving the hell out of Live worts and all but these 3 points would just make it even better.

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby
Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #557
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I tried the demo again and the only thing that irks me is no movement on offense.

Is there something I'm missing? Is it not available in the demo?

All of my guys just stand around at a spot. And it's nearly impossible to score when you're basically going one on one all game.

Also does the retail have play design on the court so we know what to do next? Manually choosing plays and I see movement for five seconds and everyone stands around again. I'm assuming it's because I'm not triggering the next part of the play.

Sent from my mobile device.
There is an option in the settings called auto-"something" (sorry not in front of the game right now). I've never played the demo but as I understand it this setting is not in the demo. It's this setting that makes the players move off ball, at least that's how I understand it. Hope this helps and sorry for not having better details
Old 12-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #558
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

No way you can judge this game by the demo...especially with what has changed....if you can find a way to give the full game a whirl..you should...

I think I would like the pace more if it wasn't the same pace for every team...It's another thing that kind of adds to the generic nature of the game...

Besides a signature move here and there it doesn't really feel any different playing with different guys to me...
Old 12-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #559
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
No way you can judge this game by the demo...especially with what has changed....if you can find a way to give the full game a whirl..you should...

I think I would like the pace more if it wasn't the same pace for every team...It's another thing that kind of adds to the generic nature of the game...

Besides a signature move here and there it doesn't really feel any different playing with different guys to me...
Coach settings helps a little when it comes to making teams act differently. This is not absolute fix though but helps.

I think Live should/could steal 2ks idea with signature skills. But give teams signature style. This is one thing that no basketball game has done right to date.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #560
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

CMH, auto motion in the full game will fix or at least help your standing around issue.

One of my favorite things about the game is that I don't have to run a play each time down the floor. My teammates react to where I am on the floor and for the most part, do a really good job to create space through cuts and off ball screens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »