Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #281
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Game is better the more you play. Still don't like it yet. But am liking more I play. If that makes sense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #282
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Game is better the more you play. Still don't like it yet. But am liking more I play. If that makes sense
I felt the same way. Lol. Hopefully it gets better for you as well

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #283
MVP

OVR: 4

For defense think 2k slightly. Literally push your defender into the attacking player and you can interrupt most animations. This works in post also.

Euro step and pro hop are overpowered for the CPU. If you think they just went through your player most likely a eurostep.

Just had a weird game against the Rockets with my Wolves. Harden couldn't hit anything until the 3rd/4th and Howard faced up and shoot jumpers the whole game. Asik was looking like Hakeem down low though. Everyone ended up with great stats. Lin took maybe 5 shots.

Good game overall. K Love couldn't hut outside of 15 feet.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #284
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Don't laugh but I just figured out how to set the D on the CPU individually. Lol. What's even better is it works.

Sent from my iPhone
Game changer.

But be prepared to make some additional adjustments. They will find other ways to attack.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #285
Rookie

OVR: 1

Now that I have a pretty decent handle on the way to play this game I decided I'd have a comparison and play a game of 2k and Live back to back 5 min quarters, all start diff on 2k and Pro on live.

The bleeding obvious is that Live is so far behind in graphics and animations it's not even funny, when I was a quarter into the game of 2k I'm thinking Jesus I can't go back to playing Live can I?
As the game progressed and may FG % grew I got to the 4th quarter and was up but 12 against the kings (as Rockets) on all star and as per usual the kings start their run as if the director of a movie yells action.
Ended up winning by 6 but it felt like every game I've played of 2k for the last 5 years. BTW my FG % ended up at 62% for the game. kings shot 35% and I only won by 6.

Then I load up Live, as the camera zooms in on the tip off and I shudder thinking how bad the game looks.
I proceed to play against the Grizzlies and get out to and early lead on the back of a Hardens 8 pts in the first.
The game continues with ebbs and flows throughout although I'm really hitting my shots and making a lot of open looks and really playing great D.
I get to the last quarter up around 10 and come out and score six un answered, continue the last quarter and end up blowing them out by 20.
I shot well and needed up with 48% FG, and my stifling defence held the Grizzlies to a lowly 36% ......but I won by 20.

Now this might seem like a great story but the moral to it is the game of Live I played felt nothing like the 8 or so I've played since getting the game and probably another 8-10 on the demo. That's the key here, the game feels fresh, it's plays like basketball, play well, run plays and you'll be rewarded, like Inside drive that someone mentioned earlier.

I can't believe I've gone from laughing at this game to loving it, but that's what happens when you give things a chance.

I'm starting a Dynasty in LIVE with 29 game seasons because it offers that.
I'll keep 2k to play a couple of mates online and to maybe play my player if they ever fix al the issues, along with al the new ones the patch has created.

Till then I will be happily enjoying the variety and realistic representation of the sport that live gives me, with its worts and all.

Anyone else made the jump to all star I'm wondering if it's too easy?
Does it change the fundamental way the game plays?

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #286
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMagic5
Now that I have a pretty decent handle on the way to play this game I decided I'd have a comparison and play a game of 2k and Live back to back 5 min quarters, all start diff on 2k and Pro on live.

The bleeding obvious is that Live is so far behind in graphics and animations it's not even funny, when I was a quarter into the game of 2k I'm thinking Jesus I can't go back to playing Live can I?
As the game progressed and may FG % grew I got to the 4th quarter and was up but 12 against the kings (as Rockets) on all star and as per usual the kings start their run as if the director of a movie yells action.
Ended up winning by 6 but it felt like every game I've played of 2k for the last 5 years. BTW my FG % ended up at 62% for the game. kings shot 35% and I only won by 6.

Then I load up Live, as the camera zooms in on the tip off and I shudder thinking how bad the game looks.
I proceed to play against the Grizzlies and get out to and early lead on the back of a Hardens 8 pts in the first.
The game continues with ebbs and flows throughout although I'm really hitting my shots and making a lot of open looks and really playing great D.
I get to the last quarter up around 10 and come out and score six un answered, continue the last quarter and end up blowing them out by 20.
I shot well and needed up with 48% FG, and my stifling defence held the Grizzlies to a lowly 36% ......but I won by 20.

Now this might seem like a great story but the moral to it is the game of Live I played felt nothing like the 8 or so I've played since getting the game and probably another 8-10 on the demo. That's the key here, the game feels fresh, it's plays like basketball, play well, run plays and you'll be rewarded, like Inside drive that someone mentioned earlier.

I can't believe I've gone from laughing at this game to loving it, but that's what happens when you give things a chance.

I'm starting a Dynasty in LIVE with 29 game seasons because it offers that.
I'll keep 2k to play a couple of mates online and to maybe play my player if they ever fix al the issues, along with al the new ones the patch has created.

Till then I will be happily enjoying the variety and realistic representation of the sport that live gives me, with its worts and all.

Anyone else made the jump to all star I'm wondering if it's too easy?
Does it change the fundamental way the game plays?

Nice post Dirty. Some will miss out on some decent ball and some will catch on.

I was gonna make the jump to AS but after running through a few teams only to be blown out by the Spurs and Thunder I'm gonna hold off on making the jump. Lol

I threw in 2K last night to do a comparison and that lasted about 5 mins. Gonna leave it at that

I did try 12 min qtrs on Live last night and to my surprise the first qtr scores for both teams where under 30 and under 50 at the half. So that tells me I will be playing 12 min qtrs. if I played 12 min qtrs in the other game I would have to purposely slow the game down to try and keep the scores somewhat realistic

Both games have there +/-

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #287
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I played a 12 minute game last night, and got stomped mid way through the 3rd quarter by the Thunder against my Pacers. Still on Pro, still having a great time. I was pretty competitive through the half, and then I just let up my guard, and before I knew it, I was down 16 with 4 left in the 3rd.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #288
MVP

OVR: 14

Im going to give this game a chance. I have the 2 game out on gamefly but only have madden. I liked nba live 10 alot. Im a 2k gamer i love 2k but i did like live 10. I tried the demo but cant get a good feel for it because i have to be my bulls.

PSN Brandon26ms

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »