Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #273
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

So, I decided to use the Knicks as my main Dynasty team. I'm a die hard Bulls fan, but playing with Rose just made me depressed, LOL. I really don't like the Knicks, but I've always loved Melo and I really enjoy playing with him in this game.

I lost my opening game to the Bucks (ouch) 84-68 on default All-Star with 12 minute quarters. I really need to get better on offense. Too many times I find myself having to hoist up bad shots with the shot clock winding down, thus my 39% field goal percentage.

Ilyasova killed me, going for 22-14 on 50% shooting. Butler chipped in 18, and he hit a couple big 3's in the 4th quarter that really broke the game open. Surprisingly, Larry Sanders had 19 points, though it took him 19(!) shots to get there.

It was no surprise that Melo led my "offensive" attack with 22-7-4 on 10-26 shooting. Sadly, he was the only player to hit double digits. I had 5 players finish with 8-9 points a piece. Clearly, I need to have a much better gameplan for my next game against the Bulls at the United Center.

What I liked:

- Playing at MSG is just awesome. It's even better that they have the license for it.
- For as ugly as some of these animations can be, they really did a nice job with Melo. I LOVE playing with him. Even his fadeaway looks nice.
- Rebounding. If you block your guy out, you will get the board 99% of the time if you should be. None of that cheese offensive rebound crap.
- The crowd was really into this game, especially in the 4th quarter when the game was close. Chants of "DEFENSE!" and shouting "THREE!" when I took a shot from distance, to go along with the organ music really immersed me into the game.
- Most importantly, the lack of CPU cheese! My only tiny complaint is the PIP being too high for my liking (get to that in a second), but I haven't once thought "well, here we go again" in regards to the way the CPU plays. The Bucks shot 47% from the field...and only 36% (4-11) from 3. Does the CPU even miss 3's in 2K?

What I didn't like:

- As I said earlier, the Bucks scored 56 of their 84 points in the paint. It wasn't as cheesy as it seemed to just be their gameplan, but I'm probably seeing this 3 out of every 5 games. If anyone is having better success with seeing less PIP, I'd love to hear what you're doing.

- I would just like to see a little more movement from my own team on offense. It's nowhere near as bad as the demo, but I feel like on a lot of my possessions, my teammates kind of stop moving with like 8-10 seconds left on the shot clock. I think that's why my shooting percentage and assist numbers are usually low.

I'm just loving this game overall, but I have A LOT of work to do to get better.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #274
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Man, that's a tough loss to the Bucks. Ouch. But then again, you are the Knicks.

I have been using a lot of different options for keeping the CPU out of the paint. I've been going to the defensive options and setting some of the better paint scorers to Front them. Drive them either left or right (towards baseline) pending which block they're hurting me from, and having my opposite block defender set to loose to "help" over quicker.

I've also had a lot of success switching to a 3-2 for a few possessions, then over to a 2-3. The BIG thing to be aware of though, if you control one of the top defenders near the 3, you have to "know" how the rotations of the zone work, and cover your rotation zone at all time. They will pick you apart if you're not. If they get the ball to the corner, your butt better be rotating down for help on the opposite block. It's my favorite part of the game so far.

The CPU has still been getting 40-45% of points in the paint against me thus far, but it's nowhere out of the realism factor. I think the highest PiP that I've seen is 53% in the paint so far. And I just broke down on that one.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #275
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Don't laugh but I just figured out how to set the D on the CPU individually. Lol. What's even better is it works.

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #276
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Glad to hear you guys are having a good time with the game. Hearing these make me wanna just man up and open the game. Do you guys think I should. I mean will I get my 60$ worth or should I just stick to the demo.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've got a question more for u guys. What can I do to contest the shot better?
Having the hands straight up, rarely works. contesting the shot with Y/∆ helps sometimes. Is there anything else i can do?
Oh and on the drive especially, what can i do there? I feel like the driver just drives past everybody with no contact at all.

I just lost against Cavs, I was the Warrios. Curry was 4-16. -.- 49-46. I'm feeling like im getting the hang of it.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #278
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Glad to hear you guys are having a good time with the game. Hearing these make me wanna just man up and open the game. Do you guys think I should. I mean will I get my 60$ worth or should I just stick to the demo.
Play the demo more and decide. Give it a few games and try to get the controls down before deciding

I have 8 games and I don't have a lot of gaming time on my hands and this game hasn't left my console since putting it in. I'm getting my $$ worth

Just to show you guys how different each game I'm experiencing I'm at the half vs the Clippers and the score is 12-13. CP3 can't hit the side of a barn. Lol

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #279
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Here's a FB by the Clippers being finished by Barnes

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #280
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just had a great game against the pacers went down by 4.

Was down in the first half until Harden caught fire and started pushing the ball more in the third ala Rockets real life style.

I the last I went into my shell trying up play to safe Hibbert dominated Howard in one one ones leaving PG24 to take it upon himself lift the Pacers over the line at home.

Loving this game it feels much more like real basketball.

Dynasty with 29 game seasons thank god !!!

The opposition needs to patch that option back in before I even contemplate playing my gm.

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »