Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #257
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I don't use the right stick a lot. Normally if I get an opportunity to swipe for a steal I use it. Just flick it towards the offensive player. You still can't move with your hands up ala old NBA Live's. I semi-wish that would come back.

As far as the spin move, I'm normally bodying them up when they're backing down using the Left Trigger, and also pushing towards them. You can either pull the chair on them (I've had it work twice), or flick the stick whichever way you "feel the defender" going. I'll try to take a screen grab of the post defense options. Also, if you're having issues defending the post, like I was one game, change your defensive options.

Pau Gasol was killing me, spinning this way and that one game. I couldn't stop it. So I went into the defense options, and started fronting him, making them pass over my defense. I set my defender opposite of the block to "Sag" off of his man, letting him rotate over a little easier.

If that doesn't work, throw a 2-3 Zone on them, and get them out of their rhythm.

Normally my help side D comes over as I force them to the baseline, using the baseline, backboard, and help side defense to help me.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #258
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
As WTF said lay off the trigger so much if you are doing that. Also know the personnel that you are playing against. I play off players out past the 3 pt arc especially if they aren't great shooters in real life. If a PG is killing me I will sometimes call for a DT to help contain him and try to get him to kick it out as opposed to letting him beat me off the dribble.

Numerous defensive adjustments you can make to help you on D. Find the one that works for the type of team/situation you are up against

Sent from my iPhone
Game really makes you think and use your personnel doesn't it?

My favorite part of the game is the strategy and tweaking how you're playing to help adjust to how they're playing.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #259
Rookie

OVR: 0

Okay, it sure sounds like there is a counter move on every area that ur getting abused? I like that! I miss the strategic element in a basketball game, 2K dosn't have that.

I really don't understand the choice of not being able to move while having the hands up. Seems stupid, hope they'll fix in the coming patches.

How about synergy? can you guys feel it when playing? Is there a difference from day to day, with teams and stuff?

Oh and thanks for your time and helpfulness guys!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #260
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

There are ways to combat almost everything in the game. I wouldn't say that you can totally eliminate the post play, but you can defend it very effectively. It's definitely strategy, no doubt about it.

As far as Synergy, I feel something most definitely. From the demo, til day 1 with the game, til now (3 days later), I've seen vast differences. Of course the sample size is too small to say, yes it's synergy. I found the initial demo unplayable. The 2nd time I downloaded it, I guess synergy was at play, and instantly felt better. Now when I play the game, it plays really nicely.

Guys who should be taking shots, are taking shots, WHERE they take shots in real life. They're not getting points just because the game feels they should.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #261
Rookie

I like that!

Well thats kinder what I want from Synergy. Players playing like they should, taking shot, drives ect.
I've just deleted the demo, and downloading it again to see if I feel a difference.

How dose the offense in the post play? is there multiple moves and counter moves? Up and under ect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #262
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
There are ways to combat almost everything in the game. I wouldn't say that you can totally eliminate the post play, but you can defend it very effectively. It's definitely strategy, no doubt about it.

As far as Synergy, I feel something most definitely. From the demo, til day 1 with the game, til now (3 days later), I've seen vast differences. Of course the sample size is too small to say, yes it's synergy. I found the initial demo unplayable. The 2nd time I downloaded it, I guess synergy was at play, and instantly felt better. Now when I play the game, it plays really nicely.

Guys who should be taking shots, are taking shots, WHERE they take shots in real life. They're not getting points just because the game feels they should.
This is so true in every sense. You don't have C/PF doing/taking nutty shots from anywhere on the court. I played Houston and everything D12 did was around the basket. Mainly dunks. Just 1 example. Players play like themselves. I remember when playing Lives past the PG always dominated no matter who you played. Those things just don't happen any longer.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Synergy is working as planned by EA and it shows

All the warping we used to see I'm not seeing it. Is it there? I'm sure if I look hard enough but it's rare. Get position on a box out and YOU WILL GET THE BOARD and if the defense has bad position it's an easy put back and it should be

If I'm getting beat bad down on the blocks, I just start calling a DT/Help and it works and forces the CPU to kick it back out

The fundamentals are there/automatic without forcing it to do fundamental things. It's not pretty all the time but it works at times flawlessly

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 12-08-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #263
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I've pulled off 2 nice up and unders. Im still learning how to work the post game. There are options, you just have to experiment. My first up and under, I was ecstatic. Ha.

I wish there was a practice mode for these things though. Definitely gratifying though, as to get it right, it takes skill.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #264
Rookie

Sweet, I like what I'm hearing so far! Is there anything in the game that you guys def don't like?

Yeah, the practice mode would be in handy. I would rather have them implement that then making the game easier!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »