Home

NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #65
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
@EASPORTSNBA said the game is still pre-alpha & doesn't represent what the final product will look like
They always say this though. Nothing in this trailer gives me hope. Especially since the arena lighting is wrong and those damn player models are the same.

The dribble demo was nice though so the do have that. Implementation will be key for that tech

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited by LionsFanNJ; 06-11-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #66
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

Oh God EA don't do the Pre-Alpha thing again please.

In other news, I recently found out that NBA LIVE 14 has a demo playable (heard in the Madden forum with accompanying screenshot to prove it) of Kyrie Irving in the practice arena (to let people test out the shooting and dribbling I presume).
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #67
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
@EASPORTSNBA said the game is still pre-alpha & doesn't represent what the final product will look like
Lmao, they've had a few years off but haven't missed a beat as far as excuses go.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 2

So this game should be gold now? With release not until nov/dec on a system that's not even out? Same old hate.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #69
Rookie

k1lo5's Arena

OVR: 2

Cant wait too see some gameplay for this! Hopefully someone @ E3 will get the op to get some gameplay in footage?

Competition will make Bball gaming even better!

PSN - ITR_K1LO5
Twitter - @nba2kluc
Old 06-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 14

There's something odd about the players having such a high level of detail, but still not looking real. Proportions are weird, faces generally look like their counterparts but still have that NBA Live look. Movement looked pretty poor.

On the 2K side, someone might actually at first glance think the game was real life. Not a chance with this. Player models, and movement subtract from immersion in this case.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #71
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
There's something odd about the players having such a high level of detail, but still not looking real. Proportions are weird, faces generally look like their counterparts but still have that NBA Live look. Movement looked pretty poor.

On the 2K side, someone might actually at first glance think the game was real life. Not a chance with this. Player models, and movement subtract from immersion in this case.
I don't understand EA's artists and to me the issue starts there. There are plenty of games out that have recreated the human body to look like...well, a human body. I understand that there are more players and some finer details, but we are talking about the human skeleton here. If you can't get that right, what does it matter if the fabric in the uniform is exact?

This is the issue I have with EA's titles. Their player models just don't look human to me. They look like a video game. And that's fine if that's the art direction you're headed in and stick with it.

When they released those first screenshots, this new Live almost looked like the characters were cell-shaded. Was it realistic? No. But I thought, hey, that's okay if the entire game has that look. That's your art direction.

The game, however, seems to be trying to be realistic but not accomplishing that goal. And it starts with the artists.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #72
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

@Steve_OS: Can't talk about 5 on 5 AI for NBA Live 14. The only thing they showed was the dribble mechanics. It was impressive, easy to use.

@Steve_OS: Signature shots and signature dribbles are in NBA Live 14. Kyrie Irving hesitations, signature dribble style looked perfect. Eye opening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »