Home

NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13

I don't see an issue with these.
I was going to post some comparison pic's the other day when everyone was complaining about the players looking to skinny, but then I was like why bother. Good job 13.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #98
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I honestly think they had player models better looking in the past, but the games were so bad nobody cared. Looking at games like Live 07 or 08 had much better models than the anorexic looking models sizes that came later

Yeah, except for the legs. Legs were, in most cases, same width as the arms or even skinnier. But when you looked at players during replays, when the lower body was out of the frame, the models looked good. I also think the waist was a bit too narrow, but that's me.

I actually liked 08 and 09's details/textures. It made players look more realistic/next-gen'ish.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #99
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I'm biased? Dude if you only knew. If you only knew.

And back in 2006, that video had people drooling. Visually, that was as big of a leap you could imagine going into next gen.
Remember that was Live 07 footage from 2006. Live 06 was their first next gen game. That wow fact was nearly gone the following year since there wasn't much of a graphical difference between 06 and 07.

From an NBA Live 07 review:
Quote:
The first thing you will notice when playing this game is that some of the animations look downright weird. For example, the dribble animation while walking looks great, but when holding the turbo button, the dribble animation looks horrible. The animation reminds me of when my seven-year-old cousin first learned how to dribble. When dribbling at full speed, the player will stick his arm straight out and dribble as if he is following the ball and can't control it. This would be a small thing if there weren’t so many other animation issues, from awkward looking lay-ups to dunks that go through the backboard.
http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/89/nba-live-07/

So my point still stands. What we've seen of this game so far looks good. That hasn't been the case in a long time. There's no harm in acknowledging that.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #100
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Ill say this about Live 07. I think I remember no one was able to get a copy from EA before release because they knew the game was bugged out... so you didnt see anything on IGN or Gamespot or anything.

Once people got their hands on it, then those reviews came out, people were posting all kinds of bas videos on how terrible it was like guys launching the ball 5 feet in the air above the basket when they were standing right in front of it and shooting.. I believe someone here even offered me their copy for free because it was just that bad.

I had it preordered and cancelled to 2k because of all of the bad reviews and glad I did.

The tech demo they showed people did like it because it was the end of a certain way players moved around instead of a squared pattern it was more of a circle pattern and the foot planting thing...

Im saying this all to say that people were on the up and up about what was said and the new tech was seen as something new at the time.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13

I don't see an issue with these.
This post really should put the whole debate to rest. I was finding it difficult to see the same problems that everyone else saw in the player model and now after seeing your post only confirmed my thought... that there actually is nothing wrong with them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #102
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
The still images do look better. I'll have to watch it again because they didn't look that good to me in motion.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #103
Banned

OVR: 2

I think the player models and graphics are fine. The other games graphics just seem more arcadish and cartoony.

I still play live 10 with the suns and you can clearly notice differences in player bodies. Nash is short and somewhat stocky, Richardson is lean and athletic, hill bigger and athletic, amare has power and athletic and Lopez is an oger. When playing broadcast view and the speed of the game these close up details in a zoomed in pic really don't come into play.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 2

Way better than 07 and any other live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »