Home

NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #81
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

Going to be optimistic about this one, really would like to see them succeed or bring a somewhat good game out to the public, can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #82
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Looks like it could pass for a sports anime on Cartoon Network lmao
Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #83
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Of course it's actual gameplay...

When a player is on the court by himself.

Didn't TMac look great on shooting by himself back in '07?

When EA has to put 10 players on a court, moving together, animating, running, jumping, etc., the dynamics of the game totally changes.

EA has proven that they cannot translate that to a full game.

Are you kidding me. How can you say that looks good? The only think impressive (back in 2006) about this video was the virtual court and the graphics. The players animate horrendously in the video, even for back then.

If the Kyrie video is actually gameplay then that is damn impressive. I honestly thought that was some CGI trickery. But I'm guessing you can't see that since you're quite biased.

Of course 5-on-5 gameplay is far more important. But the little that we did see actually looked good, unlike your red herring example. Sometimes it's okay to give credit where it's due. But to reiterate, 5-on-5 gameplay is paramount. EA's still on the hook.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #84
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Tuss that was half a decade ago. It did look nice back then because they were implementing foot planting which is something basketball didnt have at the time.

See those so called facial emotions....all of that was supposed to be new, nex gen stuff.

Man you put the disc in, the game had all of the features greyed out, that was ridiculous. They knew it and didnt say a word and still charged 60 bucks. Oh but foot planting. E3 tech demos and all of that, promises of being able to dive in the crowd. I mean they overpromised like a mug, and all of their games sans Live 10 because of Mike Wang sucked
Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #85
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Tuss that was half a decade ago. It did look nice back then because they were implementing foot planting which is something basketball didnt have at the time.

See those so called facial emotions....all of that was supposed to be new, nex gen stuff.

Man you put the disc in, the game had all of the features greyed out, that was ridiculous. They knew it and didnt say a word and still charged 60 bucks. Oh but foot planting. E3 tech demos and all of that, promises of being able to dive in the crowd. I mean they overpromised like a mug, and all of their games sans Live 10 because of Mike Wang sucked
I still remember seeing it for the first time. The arena and player models looked nice but I remember thinking the players animated poorly.

Last year their selling point was freakin' Tyson Chandler's beard. At least we're getting something gameplay related. Dribbling is small compared to the big picture but what we did see looked pretty smooth.

All in all, there are a lot of questions that still need to be answered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #86
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I still remember seeing it for the first time. The arena and player models looked nice but I remember thinking the players animated poorly.

Last year their selling point was freakin' Tyson Chandler's beard. At least we're getting something gameplay related. Dribbling is small compared to the big picture but what we did see looked pretty smooth.

All in all, there are a lot of questions that still need to be answered.
Dribbling was the selling point in 11 as well as those fake real time physics when the devs were here saying how animations were evil, then 2k came with 2k11 branching and MJ and then EA bowed out after a ton of fail videos.

Its always some catchphrase. Last year it was 100 hours on faces which was an insane point to throw out in the forefront because the guys coming from E3 who saw the game said it looked like butt cheeks, in a more vulgar word. Then that leaked video came out and it was lights out again.

Remember this

Last edited by 23; 06-13-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #87
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Dribbling was the selling point in 11 as well as those fake real time physics when the devs were here saying how animations were evil, then 2k came with 2k11 branching and MJ and then EA bowed out after a ton of fail videos.

Its always some catchphrase. Last year it was 100 hours on faces which was an insane point to throw out in the forefront because the guys coming from E3 who saw the game said it looked like butt cheeks, in a more vulgar word. Then that leaked video came out and it was lights out again.

Remember this
No dispute from me. For the past 3 years it's been all talk and no substance. But they finally showed us something that looks good for the first time in a long time. That's my only contention.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #88
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
No dispute from me. For the past 3 years it's been all talk and no substance. But they finally showed us something that looks good for the first time in a long time. That's my only contention.
They showed us something that looked really bad (remember), then they showed us more CGI at E3

so really we don't know..but somehow it went back to dribbling again

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »