Home

NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #49
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
They do need to fix the bodies, they do seem a bit thin. Also, maybe adding some muscle tone would go a long ways.

I was most impressed when it showed Kyrie just standing there dribbling, the way the jersey and shorts and even his feet moved looked great to me.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but competition is going to bring out the best in both. For the first time, I may consider buying both games... Or I'll get 2K and wait to hear the reviews about EA. But either way, I was very impressed by what they brought to the table. Nice work, EA.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #50
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This looks wayyyyyy better than what they showed at the xbox one presser and that dribbling demo looked pretty good imo. I know dribbling is important but I wish these sportd games in general would lead with improved playbooks/a.i. over dribbling, free-run,etc.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
They do need to fix the bodies, they do seem a bit thin. Also, maybe adding some muscle tone would go a long ways.

I was most impressed when it showed Kyrie just standing there dribbling, the way the jersey and shorts and even his feet moved looked great to me.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but competition is going to bring out the best in both. For the first time, I may consider buying both games... Or I'll get 2K and wait to hear the reviews about EA. But either way, I was very impressed by what they brought to the table. Nice work, EA.

Thats what im wondering. Was that ingame graphics when he was standing there dribbling? If so nice, if close to that cant complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #52

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Looks like the robotic movement is gone.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 2

I love the focus on dribbling. Looks like it will be a mix of elite which since it was never released/perfected it is a new feature and not some rehash. Dribbling and making moves is what makes basketball games fun and the reason why I prefer live. It has always had better dribbling controls and execution.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

looks pretty dope.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #55
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

again, still can't see anything, want game play videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #56
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Honestly at this point, NOTHING will make me buy Live over 2K.

The only thing that could make me purchase Live is if they have Crew in it and 2K doesn't, or they really bring something to the table to prove to me (as a former fan of the franchise) that they can still make a viable basketball game.

Let's be honest, the models STILL look terrible. I understand as a basketball player myself that lots of players are tall and lanky...but everyone doesn't look like Gumby lol. Deandre Jordan is like 250 lbs right? He shouldn't be as skinny as Kyrie.

If the graphics actually look like that in-game than that's pretty impressive, but as a whole it kind of takes a hit if every player looks like that.

I agree 100% with this post. The player models are STILL horrible and player movement is STILL robotic when this late in the series it should be more fluent but it's not. There's a BIG attention to detail difference in DeAndrea Jordan's face vs. Kyrie Irving's face. DeAndrea Jordan looks like a CRACKhead.

These player models should be well proportioned by now also but they're not. I don't want to hear about gimmicks like BOUNCETEK when there clearly is NO solid glimpses of ingame video footage like everyone else brought to the table for E3. . .

I want so much to like EA's NBA Live, Madden and Ncaa series games like I use to but the TRUTH of the matter STILL remains. . . it's NOT in the game

Love, hate or report my comment all you want. EA needs to stop talking and start delivering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »