Home

NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Idk what I'm watching to judge. So I personally can't say. Is it gameplay or cgi? Regardless graphics dnt look bad but everyone looks they grandma wouldnt let them out the house with out puttin vaseline on. Then they sweated on top of that. Lol matter fact look like dey took a Vaseline bath and deandre Jordan look like he spent all his 40 mil on hair sheen.

I dnt like the concept of dribble first, I prefer defense be the starting ground. But I will say its good and bad for its own reasons. Good cuz dribbling was always something they did well. Their dribble stick(any year) is better than 2k13s. Bad cuz that was never the issue. Everything else except the dribbling was wat was wrong with live to me. Unless u had the ball it was difficult to do the simplest things.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #58
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

Re: NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

Players are way too thin. I really liked where NBA Live 10 was going and it was the first year I played NBA 2k and Live 50/50.

The Player models look to skinny just like Live 10. Jordan looked like a PG covering Irvin.

The dribbling seems nice and the updates stats.

2Ks biggest weakness is its rosters and the 2k insider. NBA LKive will smke 2k in this area.

When I had NBA Live 10 the Ai was better. I could call for quick plays that worked very nice and the AI got open better.

I can't wait for Live to come back. Doesn't mean I will buy or play it but we'll see how it goes.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
If I was judging this game based on Graphics, I'd probably be impressed.

But since Graphics was not the issue I had with this game, I couldn't care less about how good it looks and damn sure about some dribbling nonsense.
This were exactly my thoughts about 2k13, lol. Funny thing is, people go nuts because of a 2k14 trailer showing a single Lebron dunk. "Wow, look at that dunk, 2k got my money. Gotta have this game...".

Right now, we don't know anything about either games. Based on past fiascos, you can't be confident in EA of course. As bad as 2k handled gameplay and authenticity (if you aren't into NBA Jam gameplay and Skip Bayless for player evaluation), at least they got a funcional game out every year.
But still, not being attached to a specific brand ( which was the main focus of 2k13, maintaining a brand identity and making it the cool thing for kids to own the game), I'm somewhat excited that EA might be on to something. I mean Live 10 had some great ideas and it's not like 2k is far out there gameplay wise.
You have to love the way 2k handles animations, and the sheer number of different jumpshots/dunks/dribble moves is impressive. But still, 2k13 is more style than substance in a lot of way. Just looking at gameplay, I'm less than impressed and don't care if we get Lebron's hairline in full HD in 2k14.

So right now, it could go both ways. We don't know much about the 2 games and it can only be a good thing for quality. The best scenario would be if both EA and 2k release quality games. So I'm looking forward to what EA came up with. What I like about this trailer is that it features a PnR switch causing a mismatch. It's only a stupid trailer, but still, I like that.

Last edited by mango_prom; 06-11-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

haha all the player models have the same build and the colors looked washed out.........Nba elite here we go again
Favorite NBA Player Tracy McGrady
Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #61
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs34236
haha all the player models have the same build and the colors looked washed out.........Nba elite here we go again
It's the same old drumbeat over again. . . watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #62
Rookie

Hourly updates sounds good, but does that mean that if someone like Kobe or LeBron has a really bad first half his overall drops significantly and then improves if he does well in the second half?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #63
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11

@EASPORTSNBA said the game is still pre-alpha & doesn't represent what the final product will look like
Old 06-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #64
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championships
Hourly updates sounds good, but does that mean that if someone like Kobe or LeBron has a really bad first half his overall drops significantly and then improves if he does well in the second half?
I doubt it's significance will be that drastic in terms of one game.

The hourly thing I'm sure will more or less effect tendencies of that player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »