Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #249
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

struggled on hard all night... last round before bed... -10, looks like a bump in the difficulty coming tomorrow night... I gotta work up to full sim
Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #250
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
I played my first couple rounds last night both on the US Amateur and CC Bushwood at Muirfield. I shot a +3 at the US Open @ Pinehurst and a +12 at Muirfield (my first tournament using the sim settings).

Overall, the game is awesome. I love all of the new bells and whistles this game has. My only gripes would be:

1. Putt follow cam as countless others have complained about.
2. Banners w/ Stats and help information being displayed over the ball/putter, so i can't see my putt as i hit the ball
3. I don't care for how the putter is lined up behind the ball before you make the stroke.
4. I noticed that so far, none of my rounds have had any commentary. I'm not sure if i need to adjust the gameplay settings or not.
Putt follow cam is being addressed. If they can fix it without breaking something else, they will.

Commentary...no commentary in amateur or CC rounds. If you do play now, or are on the tour, commentary should be there.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #251
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I didn't play the demo much, so I am looking for tips on how to get better at swinging with the controller on sim difficulty.

I am pretty good with the straight shots (not always easy for me), but the draws and fades are a killer for me (I know they are difficult shots to execute). I looked for some tutorials, and found some guys on You Tube who are always on a straight plane in the swing meter. I am not even close on draws/fades.

I've been practicing alot on the practice course and playing the Par 3 course, and am slowly getting better.

Are there any tips anyone can give? Just practice more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #252
Banned

OVR: 24

A couple of pages back I proposed a workaround for this cut bug by setting your golfer on the last tee time to avoid the AI simming after you finish. That doesn't work unfortunately as I thought the way to set that up would be late afternoon tee time thinking that would always give me the last tee time. It doesn't. The only thing I could offer is to let the AI sim happen in real time rather than pressing the button to skip to the end of it.

I haven't gone past the first couple of web.com tourneys, as I'm playing mostly online, to see if that works but I have noticed that the stats are getting weird. I saw an overlay while I was playing and it showed my previous tourney final standings. The top guys all had something like -745 and my score showed +999. I didn't play that badly LOL.

One gripe about the career season stats, they have a decent range of stats in there except one I like to see the most, FIR%. How could they miss that one especially when they have GIR% in there. And I really miss those checkmark ticks for hit fairways and GIR on your scorecard and the way they use to show the % of those at the end of your round along with your score total putts. Now we just get the same scorecard we have between holes. Big omission there for me.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-28-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #253
MVP

OVR: 11

All of you who may be seeing stats/scoring or other issues with the game:

Have you tried clearing the cache on your 360 or PS3's? I mention this because I have yet to see any of these issues so far and I cleared my cache when reports started to surface about these issues. It is worth a try to see if that may be one of the causes and why neither EA, Sony, nor MS saw theses issues during the certification process. Would love to hear if this helps with any of this. This does not include the online camera issues in H2H play.

Thanks in advance....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

Last edited by DivotMaker; 03-28-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #254
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Divot/HANDS...pass on that we'd like button combos (or booster pins) to allow:

--throwing the club you are currently using
--breaking club over your knee, Tin Cup style

Maybe next year bring back the caddy so we can beat him when he's wrong.

Just some ideas...

Really like Sim mode...all it's missing is a means to express our frustration unprofessionally on the course, heheh.
I wanted to go back and quote this again because this is how I felt last night...no matter how many things I did well I did 1 or 2 things to completely ruin it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #255
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

How do you clear the cache again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #256
Rookie

Barto's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
How do you clear the cache again?
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...r-system-cache

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »