Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #329
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

As a golfer who shoots around 100 in real life, I'm used to hitting out of rough spots. I am forced to play from tree lined roughs from time to time and even I can make magic happen every blue moon. The ONLY problem I have with this game are the concrete leaves......

And you have to play Augusta this week! It's the masters! Why wait to watch its a wonderful life if it's Christmas eve?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #330
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33

Also question for everyone. Am I the only one who is waiting to play Augusta until I make the PGA Tour? This is the first TW game I've bought since it was included, and I just think that the only way I deserve to play the course is if I earn the right to. I just feel that is the only way to go about it. Right now it definitely isn't happening anytime soon.
I got caught up in the same 'worthiness' mindset for TW12, when the Masters first came to the series. It took two seasons in career mode to finally make it to Augusta, a couple of months of playing LOL. And...I was terrible when I got there.

Keep in mind though that golfers play Augusta IRL every day, including lots of PGA pros, to hone their skills and learn the course. So, consider playing some practice rounds at least as your right as a pro

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #331
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

I ended up playing Augusta early in my career because I won the US Amatuer tourny...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #332
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm still switching between weather options in my career. Seems like if something else than PreDetermined is chosen the Caddie book shows wrong conditions. If I choose weather to be Live and I can clearly see that weather is calm but the Caddie book shows Windy for example. Same thing with green speeds(not sure though).

Now this is not a game breaking problem but what I wonder is that is AI scoring tied to Predetermined weather or the actual weather?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #333
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm definitely shooting a few practice rounds at Augusta.

I've been just shooting practice rounds trying to level my golfer up some more. I can still only drive about 250 yards which makes playing from the black tees tough.

I assumed that my lack of birdies was due to the lack of distance off the tee, since I was usually hitting a longer iron for the 2nd shot. However I wanted to level up faster so I played a few rounds from the red tees (lol) and I noticed that approach shots were still tough from in close. Even in easy conditions it seems a lot harder to dial in really good approach shots that set up realistic birdie putts. It isn't like my approaches are terrible or anything, but there's a real challenge to get it close. I think my lack of points in the spin attribute are part of it too.

I finally had one round where I started to dial things in on Whistling Straights (again from the red tees, so lots of short, easy approaches). So far I'm really enjoying it.

Does anyone know what level your max power attributes go up? I'm at 75 max now and my golfer is level 60-something (I just got the game this week, but imported my XP from TW13).
Old 04-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #334
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

So quick question but I'll explain my situation real quick. I'm in my 2nd year on the web.com Tour and I just finished the Kiawah Island Tournament. I qualified to play in the Hotel Island Championship, which in my first year I didn't qualify for. I'm assuming this also means I get to play in the remaining 3 tournaments after the Hotel Championship as well. I haven't finished better than the top 23 for any tournament and I think I'm 72nd on the money list. So with that on to my question. What are the requirements for me advancing to the PGA Tour? I would just like to know what my goal should be.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #335
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

Isn't it explained in Career Info in the menus? Been a while since I was playing the web.com tour so I can't remember really. There's a qualification for web.com tour finals and top 25 gets the card from there or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #336
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
So quick question but I'll explain my situation real quick. I'm in my 2nd year on the web.com Tour and I just finished the Kiawah Island Tournament. I qualified to play in the Hotel Island Championship, which in my first year I didn't qualify for. I'm assuming this also means I get to play in the remaining 3 tournaments after the Hotel Championship as well. I haven't finished better than the top 23 for any tournament and I think I'm 72nd on the money list. So with that on to my question. What are the requirements for me advancing to the PGA Tour? I would just like to know what my goal should be.
I'm pretty sure it's the top 25 on the money list that gets you in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »