Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #345
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Does anybody have the DLC code for either the 86' Jack or the Andy Roddick/Kevin Love combo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #346
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

I am so glad I decided to pick this up. This is hands down the most fun I've had with this series since the PS2 days. I've been out since becoming completely frustrated with 10's crap. I'm a little put off by the lack of options for equipment and accessories in the Pro Shop I seem to remember from past years. But boy, does this ever play a good game of golf on the course with the right settings. I just can't put this game down!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #347
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

First season in PGA tour is 2013? I played two seasons in Web.com tour before I received my PGA tour card and still the first season on tour is 2013...

It's the Masters weekend in my career, playing default Sim difficulty. AI scoring really makes sense now when I'm playing with predetermined weather settings. First day was played in windy conditions, pretty difficult with tournament greens. Lead after first round is -2, i'm 3 shots behind. Can't wait to see the hole locations later in the tournament, can be tough...
Old 04-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #348
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
First season in PGA tour is 2013? I played two seasons in Web.com tour before I received my PGA tour card and still the first season on tour is 2013...

It's the Masters weekend in my career, playing default Sim difficulty. AI scoring really makes sense now when I'm playing with predetermined weather settings. First day was played in windy conditions, pretty difficult with tournament greens. Lead after first round is -2, i'm 3 shots behind. Can't wait to see the hole locations later in the tournament, can be tough...
Unlike TW13 which put you into the first 3rd of the season missing many events in the early part of the season, the Devs decided that once you qualified for the PGA TOUR you had the full 2013 season to start from. I like that better, but I don't like that you have to rank in the top 50 of the EA Sports Rankings to play Augusta. If you win a PGA TOUR event prior to the Masters, you should still qualify to play. I am in my 3rd event at Torrey having skilled the Champions event because I have not won on the PGA TOUR yet (did I say default Simulation mode is tough?) even though in the 2 events I have played I have gotten 2nd to Tiger. I hope there is enough time and tournaments to qualify for Augusta in the first season.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #349
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any way to find out if it's going to be raining before you actually take the course? I've seen where it says the wind conditions but haven't seen anything about weather.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #350
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

It is really frustrating that while you are starting out, you are pretty awful. Hitting 3 wood into par 3's and still coming up short of the green, having to play long par 4s as par 5's and just shoot for par is someone unrealistic IMO. I get grinding and making it to the tour, but looking at the weekly driving averages on the web.com tour its laughable how bad my guy is. It does take some of the run out of the game the more I play.

My driver goes 234. Hell I can hit my driver farther than that in real life.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/stats/...rivingDistance
The guy who was dead last in driving on the Web.com tour still out drives my guy by an average of 15 yards.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 04-14-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #351
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any way to find out if it's going to be raining before you actually take the course? I've seen where it says the wind conditions but haven't seen anything about weather.
I don't think you can but it's not as big of a deal as it is with past TW games because from what I see it appears they finally got the rain conditions accurately represented in this game.

In past versions. when it rained the fairway and greens became super glue where you would get no ball roll whatsover and it felt like you were putting in mud and the game was not fun to play this way for me because it felt like you had to ram in every putt. This year it's much better and the slowness with rain is much more realistic and I don't dread seeing it rain on the course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #352
Pro

OVR: 4

This game is fun, but I am having a terrible time with freezes. It took me 4 tries to just create my player. Then I was a the US amateur and had something come up so I had to save mid round, only to have it freeze up again. 1 week in and 0 tournaments completed because I just get so frustrated spending time doing something to have it freeze and I lose all my progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »