Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #169
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

I don't mind the load times between holes. But do they get quicker with the retail version? Just curious.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #170
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Just made cut and got into the .com tour! Shot a +4 on sim. Birdied the last hole to make cut. I play on normal ai and the scores are really good with sim difficulty. Harder is too unrealistic. Had like pros -24 thru 3 rounds. I thought that was high.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
That I can live with man, I just really love to dive in to career mode immediately. And believe me when I say I hope they fix this issue and fast because I love the game itself and the additions to it. It has the potential to be the best TW game ever and I believe one of the best golf games ever!
I have to agree somewhat with Jordanfan on this one. I haven't played madden for a few years so I'm unsure about their patch history but I do know the NHL series has a very good patch history but the TW series is spotty at best and that's being generous.

Last year we got one patch, many things were ignored, such as not fixing live weather in career mode which was a big glitch, and the patch fixed mostly minor things and in some cases increased freezing issues for some gamers.

This year appears to be much better, at least in communication with devs like Hands and the producer Sean Wilson. They have been very hands on and keeping us in the loop before and after the disaster over the weekend with all these problems. But that does not guarantee most of the problems are guaranteed to be fixed such as the scoring glitch in career mode. You would think that would be a high priority but given the history I'm very guarded in my optimism.

Not only do they need to make career mode playable but they need to do it in the very first patch because we are probably looking at 3 weeks minimum with certification. That's long enough not being able to play your favorite mode but if they wait to do it with the 2nd patch then you are probably waiting 3 months for it to be fixed and that is not acceptable. With the myriad of problems cropping up it looks like they will have to issue several patches. The scoring bug doesnt seem to be a complex fix but who knows.

I'm gonna PM Sean as he has been excellent in communicating with me and others at the EA board and reiterate how important it is to get the scoring bug fixed now and not later which I'm sure he is aware.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #172
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5

So what's the scoring bug I'm seeing people talk about? Only seen a few complain, maybe it's only a issue for some?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #173
Banned

Go back a few pages and you'll see what the issue is. Safe to say it is a game killing bug for career players and the few that have played this game early and have gotten into the PGA season are reporting problems. Even if its only an issue for some, that's still too many, it needs to be rectifed immediately.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-25-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #174
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I'm gonna PM Sean as he has been excellent in communicating with me and others at the EA board and reiterate how important it is to get the scoring bug fixed now and not later which I'm sure he is aware.
I'm curious to see what he says. I went to the Ea Sports forum and couldn't find any info. Has he mentioned the green speeds or was this "by design".

All in all I'm super bummed out. Was looking forward to picking up my preorder historic edition tomorrow but not anymore.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #175
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
I'm curious to see what he says. I went to the Ea Sports forum and couldn't find any info. Has he mentioned the green speeds or was this "by design".

All in all I'm super bummed out. Was looking forward to picking up my preorder historic edition tomorrow but not anymore.
I'm not a programmer by any means but if these green speeds are a major problem on many courses I would think that would be a huge undertaking to fix. To be honest, not that many people have been complaining about green speeds over there, everybody seems fixated on the putting camera. Ironically if this camera is fixed, then it will probably be more evident that the green speeds are off and that will be the next outcry.

I haven't played the full game yet but I suspect it might have to do with this new metered putting model where the aiming arrow decides the power of the putt and people are mistakenly thinking the greens are too slow. That's why I said to try extending the aiming arrow to give a longer range on your putting meter. I tried that on the demo and even those slow greens appeared to run faster when I moved that arrow 20+ feet past the hole.

This is what I did last year because if you remember, they had this fail safe where on a putt if you drew the putter too far back, it would automatically go back to the rest position as a way to protect from hitting too strong of a putt. By extending the marker far past the hole, that fail safe was virtually eliminated for me and made it more intuitive.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-25-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #176
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I have blown quite a few by the hole so I am not sure the problem with green speeds either.

Have not had problems with the cut bug either..

Sucks to hear problems and hopefully there will be more looked into.

I am enjoying this game more than any other TW game and will be getting Historic Edition tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »