Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #193
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Glad to see you guys come around...wasn't that bad after all!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #194
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
Glad to see you guys come around...wasn't that bad after all!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
My wife and daughter kept saying "you'll buy it anyhow" the whole time I was complaining on the forums yesterday lol. I knew I would too, it just does too much right and the good outweighs the bad. I firmly believe with a little patch it will be the best TW game ever.

Though I am an old school PGA Tour game fan and huge fan of the Hot Shots Golf engine as well and the 3 click shot system, I think I played TW12 more than I have any other golf game and have actually grown to love the the swing stick. I usually pick games up I anticipate on release but due to poor and lackluster reviews I didn't pick up TW13 until a month ago. That being said, I think it was a very solid game as far as the changes to the swing mechanism and the putting. Career mode was really solid as well and though I can't comment on the other modes, I thought it deserved much better scores.

And after my rant on here, I put in a little more time with the Season Ticket edition and found putting is not as easy as I felt it was my previous two days with the game. I also thought the developers did a great job answering questions and addressing issues on the EA forums. That being said, have fun with the game today everyone, I know I will!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #195
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I would definately go for it. I just got messaged back from the producer Sean and he told me that this bug is definately high on their list of fixes. At this time they are trying to reproduce it and if they have trouble doing that then it's probably an obscure bug and if they easily find it then that means it's prevalent but should be really easy to fix due to it's nature and should be in the first patch, either way its a good sign.

I know I'll be at Gamestop at 9:00 even though i expect to mysteriously come down with a life threatening illness when I wake up tomorrow that needs bed rest (or should I say couch rest) for the next couple of days. Haven't taken sick time off in almost a year, knew that would pay off.
Go for it, Seymour. I always schedule a day off for Madden's release, my Maddenoliday. Sounds like you deserve time off anyway. Enjoy the game!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #196
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Last year even though a cut line would say +2, that +2 score would still result with you being cut so you would have to score +1 or better. You said that the +4 resulted in you being cut, what was the other score you posted that got you cut, was it right on the cut line again or a few shots below?
Sorry I was not ignoring you I took the kids away for a long weekend of water slides for spring break.

I can't say for certain the other cut as the ST expired and I need to run out and get the game. I thought I was 1 below the cut line.

As for the other one you are right I was at the cut line of +4 and 3 guys made the cut. One was +6, and two were +7 if memory serves.

As for it happening last year not trying to be rude but that gives me no comfort. I didn't play much SP because it wasn't compelling for me. Now that it is I find the above bugs really show stoppers for anyone who desires a SP experience. The fact they may of existed last year should be the reason they don't exists this year.

Combined with other things I am seeing reported well it's not unfair to say this games SP is rendered irrelevant.

I've decided to still buy it because I like the Game play enough even with the quirks but I'm sure if this doesn't get addressed I will be regretting that.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #197
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Go for it, Seymour. I always schedule a day off for Madden's release, my Maddenoliday. Sounds like you deserve time off anyway. Enjoy the game!
I was supposed to be sick today and I'm sent on more errands than humanly possible. Work is alot more relaxing. Now I got the house to myself and time to really put some good hours into this game.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #198
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Sorry I was not ignoring you I took the kids away for a long weekend of water slides for spring break.

I can't say for certain the other cut as the ST expired and I need to run out and get the game. I thought I was 1 below the cut line.

As for the other one you are right I was at the cut line of +4 and 3 guys made the cut. One was +6, and two were +7 if memory serves.

As for it happening last year not trying to be rude but that gives me no comfort. I didn't play much SP because it wasn't compelling for me. Now that it is I find the above bugs really show stoppers for anyone who desires a SP experience. The fact they may of existed last year should be the reason they don't exists this year.

Combined with other things I am seeing reported well it's not unfair to say this games SP is rendered irrelevant.

I've decided to still buy it because I like the Game play enough even with the quirks but I'm sure if this doesn't get addressed I will be regretting that.
I didn't consider that a bug last year, it was just a different way of reporting the cut line than you're used to on TV. If you see it at +3 then you know you gotta shoot for that +2 or better and TBH i never paid attention if the AI golfers shot worse and still made the cut. To me that's a minor thing.

I haven't really gone into career mode yet but although bugs have been reported sometimes you have to take it with a grain of salt because hyperbole is rampant on the internet (I'm guilty of this too).

For instance I was expecting the worst with the greens for TW14 because I kept hearing how slow they were this year. Played the game and felt the same as last year, which means they're fine. Don"t know what game some people were playing to feel that way, might have been putting issues that made the greens seem slow.

Same with the bugs for career mode. It hasn't been established that the bugs are rampant, only a couple of people have reported it, but if it is rampant then I am pretty confident the EA team this year will fix it quickly.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #199
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

OVR: 2
This thing is freezing my 360 constantly. Anyone else setting this? I can't get more than 10 minutes into anything before it completely locks-up the console.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #200
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm not even sure where to begin other than to say I respectfully disagree.

If AI golfers with worse scores making the cut above a human controlled player with a better score is a minor thing in a SP career experience than we obviously have different criteria on how that aspect of the game should work.

I still did pick up the game and will play it online and see what becomes of this. I was hoping since we had a rep here and he wrote the career mode blog he could clear this up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »