Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #105
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
As far as I know, no but the point is if EA could use the NFL Network like that in one of their NFL video games, I don't see why the couldn't with the other IF they wanted to. I think all this competing network stuff is bs and they just wanted to do it with their own branding instead of the NFL Network. SMMFH
That could very well be the case if their contract stipulates that they would owe the NFL network additional royalties if they used the brand. That would make them cheap and stupid for nor being willing to ponyup for an already established brand...not like that would be completely counter to some of the decisions recently made by EA's executives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #106
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I finally got a chance to play a couple of games of Madden 13 demo and wow, this is the best Madden to date, I may actually play this one nearly as much as I do NCAA 13 for a change!!!! The graphics and presentation are awesome and the lighting is incredible. The new physics is great too, although as has been said it results in some weird looking animations at times. But I love the stats overlays and commentary too. The commentary is so much better, it's finally something that's a PLUS for Madden instead of a huge minus as in years past IMO.

This is the first year since back on the Playstation days I think I'm REALLY excited about Madden. And to think I had just about decided to just give up on it and just play NCAA from here on out. Really glad I tried the demo and I can't wait to get the full game and play as my Cowboys!!
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #107
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiner
I just know Im not going to like it. Every year since, God I dont know when...Maybe Primetime Football '95? (When did we get to start creating players lol)....Ive created myself and put myself on the 49ers. Nothing stupid special like 99s all around. Usually i just copy the person Im taking the place of ratings and release them (thus this year it was going to be Ahmed Brooks). Now I cant do that. It just seems like one feature that *should* be in any sports game. The ability to give you an "NFL career" without having to be steroided up LOL.
Aww man you can't cut Brooksy. He was one that I hated to see the Bengals get rid of. I knew he was going to turn into a contributor. Not a pro bowler by any stretch but man I loved watching him thump. But I hear you on that. I just recently, couple years ago, stopped putting myself in my franchise or else I would probably be right there with you.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:11 AM   #108
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
That could very well be the case if their contract stipulates that they would owe the NFL network additional royalties if they used the brand. That would make them cheap and stupid for nor being willing to ponyup for an already established brand...not like that would be completely counter to some of the decisions recently made by EA's executives.
That seems a logical possibility but it doesn't account for where this notion that EA couldn't use NFL Network because ESPN would get mad or vice versa came from. If your hypothesis is correct than it seems like that's what EA should have made known instead letting that other claim stand that has been passed down all these years like a family heirloom, lol.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:20 AM   #109
Blackout!

hurdinator's Arena

OVR: 4
The Camera view during the extra point is comic. Welcome back to the 90's!!!! It is such an arcade style look with lack of depth perspective or realism.Poor, very poor....
Old 08-17-2012, 03:22 AM   #110
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That seems a logical possibility but it doesn't account for where this notion that EA couldn't use NFL Network because ESPN would get mad or vice versa came from. If your hypothesis is correct than it seems like that's what EA should have made known instead letting that other claim stand that has been passed down all these years like a family heirloom, lol.
Either way coming out and explicitly pointing the finger at ESPN or the NFL Network as the bad guys or telling their fans, you know what, these other two have perfected this and fans love it but we think we know better than these professionals how to do a broadcast would have been pr suicide. It's much easier to stick your fingers in you ears and yell can't hear you when consumers complain about the lack of realistic broadcast.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #111
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdinator
The Camera view during the extra point is comic. Welcome back to the 90's!!!! It is such an arcade style look with lack of depth perspective or realism.Poor, very poor....
I'm hoping that the new zoom camera can be used throughout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 03:25 AM   #112
Blackout!

hurdinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I'm hoping that the new zoom camera can be used throughout.
Fingers crossed. Why include something that bad?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »