Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 21
I would have to agree with the reviews. IMO for the most part this game is NCAA 13 with a badly need of tuning physics engine, and LBs you can't set where you want because thats their band aid fix for stopping nano's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Played the game on Heisman, Slow Speed. It definitely "feels" better, but I'm still not totally sold. I just can't get over some of the tackling animations, and they funky stuff that goes on after the play. It totally disrupts the immersion factor. You really see how bad it is during the replays (which by the way are the worst ever - I hope these are fixed for retail). It doesn't even look like they are tackling/wrapping up; it looks more like they are falling on top of one another. And the ball carriers often get contorted in unrealistic ways with their arms knocked totally behind their backs, yet still holding on to the ball. They really need to tune the RTP and animations because as it stands, I'm seeing way to many weird/unrealistic things on the field.

From reading through this thread and others, it sounds like the RTP and animations have been cleaned up on retail version, but honestly, I haven't seen it yet. On the videos that I've seen of the retail version, the replays are always skipped or blocked by the play call screen.
I felt the same way you did about the tackling on the demo. I ripped it to shreds, yesterday. After seeing more tackles on the retail version, based on what I see, I feel it's much improved in the retail version.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Demo exceeded my expectations and really has me excited for retail version. Yes, there are some weird animations with the infinity engine, but I felt like it played a solid game of football and the good from the infinity engine outweighs the bad for me.

I'm sure retail will be a bit more polished, plus I we haven't even been able to dive into CCM. I have high hopes for CCM, even though in the back of my mind I fear there will be some bugs that make it a little less enjoyable.

All in all I expect this to be the best Madden in a long time.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
With all due respect IT'S A DEMO not the finished game and again it's a game people there is not a perfect GAME ON EARTH JMO I love it flaws and all
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #45
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I guess the reason why is that we've had some presentation in past games; more importantly, the halftime show and postgame show are a joke.
By past games I'm guessing you mean 2K5? I know what 2K5's presentation was, and I think we all can agree that it's been pretty much unmatched by any sports game, not just Madden, to have that level of immersion from the presentation side of things.

That being said, I do think that this year's effort is a huge step. I used to be like that - if it doesn't match/surpass 2K5, it isn't any good. But like I said maybe it's just me getting older and having lower expectations but I was pretty impressed by what is in Madden 13, enough to overlook the lack of a fully featured halftime show or postgame show. And the halftime stats overview is a nice touch.

I think saying presentation is a 'joke' is being harsh. In past years, it was a joke with the horrible commentary. This year is a good step in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0
I buy madden every yr just to sell it back after a wk the demo was enjoyable but not mind blowing I just want a madden I can play and not feel cheated this so far is doing just that
Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 49
Great review of the demo. pretty spot on really.

I'm surprised by the people who gave praise and then stated it was because they weren't expecting much until next gen. If people are going to give EA that kind of a pass, don't ever expect a good complete football game period. I'd love to have you guys for customers.

Also, I certainly judge on what is not there, or what has been removed. I don't care if they announce it before hand or not, it's going in the review and it will reflect negatively in the score as well.

Mcdonald's could announce all there hamburgers will now be served plan with nothing on them, and I will know what to expect if I buy one from them.....but I'm still gonna rate their hamburgers as a plain, boring hamburger that only die hard Mcdonald's fans should consider eating.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #48
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
By past games I'm guessing you mean 2K5? I know what 2K5's presentation was, and I think we all can agree that it's been pretty much unmatched by any sports game, not just Madden, to have that level of immersion from the presentation side of things.

That being said, I do think that this year's effort is a huge step. I used to be like that - if it doesn't match/surpass 2K5, it isn't any good. But like I said maybe it's just me getting older and having lower expectations but I was pretty impressed by what is in Madden 13, enough to overlook the lack of a fully featured halftime show or postgame show. And the halftime stats overview is a nice touch.

I think saying presentation is a 'joke' is being harsh. In past years, it was a joke with the horrible commentary. This year is a good step in the right direction.
Honestly, and I say this as a 2k lunatic, 2k hasn't even done what they did since 05. Talking about the post game interview and weekly sportscenter. I don't care about a halftime show that's going to show me highlights of plays that I have already seen replays of that I just played less than 20 minutes prior. Now a sportscenter type show at the end of the week would fit like a glove with CCM and scripted story lines but as I said 2k hasn't even done this since 05.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »