Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

anyone have any luck yet with the stats in the Game summary in Franchise not being zero - if so, I'd love some tips.

I tried my existing franchise, all of the previously played box scores now read only 1's or how many doubles they hit that game for example - nothing cumulative - even in June. On the actual gameday, they read 0's for all stats during and at the end of the game summary - errors, stolen bases, RBI's, etc

I tried starting a new franchise over with both custom and default rosters and had the exact same thing happen - and rebooted the Xbox as well.

I am a stat geek/former math teacher so this is a huge deal to me - enough that I might consider going to pre-patch b/c stats are more important to me than the occasional (and only once or twice so far) freeze or fatigue issue since I can adjust players myself

Any advice/help appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
I think t will depend a lot on how good your pitcher is, and how well you are maxing out your pitches. Chris Carpenter was a beast for me today. I had the CPU taking strikes and swinging at pitches in the dirt. His 12-6 is pretty sick.

That part of the game just felt pitch perfect on default All-Star. I might have to increase the pitch meter speed.

But one thing 2K seems to have done, even pre-patch, was make pitching make sense. You need to change speeds and locations. You can't spam the blue zones. It feels like you can get the CPU off-balance when you get ahead in the count. And it can make you pay when you get behind.

I think the patch has tuned this to be even better.
ok. i had like the 5th starter for the Rays. i always throw what the catcher calls, and try to hit the target. throwing more balls, i actually like.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #155
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw2
ok. i had like the 5th starter for the Rays. i always throw what the catcher calls, and try to hit the target. throwing more balls, i actually like.

I usually throw what the catchers call, but I have taken to finding my own location. I think you can still have a good experience throwing to the target, but I'm finding that I like to do more of the cat and mouse on my own.

Mainly, it is hard to pin point your pitches, so you will still walk guys even if you are trying to throw strikes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #156
Pro

OVR: 6

Seems the lag is gone. Franchise fatigue is fixed.

Then the game crashes. Runners 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, Prado batting. Single between the 3rd basemen and short stop. Braun throws home trying to throw out the runner coming to the plate from second but is too late. Prado tries to take second on the throw home and gets tossed out. It cuts to a close up on Prado showing his last years stats in an overlay and the game ****ing freezes.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 05-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #157
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Lag is indeed gone. I'm impressed.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Patch Notes Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
Can anyone that's played this verify that position players do get fatigued? I thought I saw it earlier in the thread, but I wasn't sure if it was for 360 or not.

Again, this is when you play the game, the next day your position players should have some fatigue.
They do in PC version
Old 05-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #159
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirthywvu
anyone have any luck yet with the stats in the Game summary in Franchise not being zero - if so, I'd love some tips.

I tried my existing franchise, all of the previously played box scores now read only 1's or how many doubles they hit that game for example - nothing cumulative - even in June. On the actual gameday, they read 0's for all stats during and at the end of the game summary - errors, stolen bases, RBI's, etc

I tried starting a new franchise over with both custom and default rosters and had the exact same thing happen - and rebooted the Xbox as well.

I am a stat geek/former math teacher so this is a huge deal to me - enough that I might consider going to pre-patch b/c stats are more important to me than the occasional (and only once or twice so far) freeze or fatigue issue since I can adjust players myself

Any advice/help appreciated. Thanks!

Through 3 CPUvCPU games now, I have yet to see this. All of my Game Summary stuff has been correct.

This is a Franchise I've had going since pre-patch using the MKHARSH Opening Day Rosters, for reference.

IN OTHER NEWS....

I caught the CPU letting a position player pitch to a batter before getting the intended reliever in place, in the last CPUvCPU game. This was a Spring Training game as well, so pitcher availability was not an issue.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #160
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by randogu
Through 3 CPUvCPU games now, I have yet to see this. All of my Game Summary stuff has been correct.

This is a Franchise I've had going since pre-patch using the MKHARSH Opening Day Rosters, for reference.

IN OTHER NEWS....

I caught the CPU letting a position player pitch to a batter before getting the intended reliever in place, in the last CPUvCPU game. This was a Spring Training game as well, so pitcher availability was not an issue.

odd...I actually am using the MKHARSH rosters for my franchise too - there has to be something that is different that is triggering this, just not sure what

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »