Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #137
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Patch Notes Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
I notice they said the fixed PITCHER fatigue in Franchise. Please, don't tell me they didn't fix the everyday players

I also didn't see anything about players being invisible on your roster after coming back from rehab assignments unless you let the CPU autoadjust your lineup (When they have a green cross next to their name, they counted against your roster but you couldn't put them in lineup or rotation).

The baserunning logic is good, though. That needed a bit of a tweak, except now I'll have to adjust my sliders again
I saw the same thing about pitchers being fixed for fatigue bug but it doesnt mention position players.

Addressed issue with pitcher fatigue in franchise mode
  • After a user game was played in-game, the pitchers who played would have their stamina reset to 99 the following day
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #138
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Patch is out!!

My thoughts on patch notes (as PS3 patch not available)

-
like more grounders than soft liners
- don't like MORE HRs by cpu power hitters and less by smaller guys. This was never a problem and I believe they should have BOOSTED the smaller guys HR numbers. This is going in the wrong direction imo.
- Not sure about the new take and swing logic changes
- Like the new AI regarding cpu starting and relief pitchers
- Like that cpu outfielders will try to gun out guys more often and like the cpu base runners will try to score more. My biggest beef wasn't the desire to go from 1st to 3rd but simply stopping on third with a good chance to score
- Like new baserunning camera option
- Glad fatigue and in game injury frequency was fixed; huge for franchise!
- Like fixed frame rate issue
- Auto base running and auto fielding options are added. Options are always good.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Patch Notes Added)

PC version

Chapman now throws 104 MPH he topped out at 99 pre-patch
Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 5

Can anyone that's played this verify that position players do get fatigued? I thought I saw it earlier in the thread, but I wasn't sure if it was for 360 or not.

Again, this is when you play the game, the next day your position players should have some fatigue.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Just played my first game since the patch and what a game. I played the MLB Today game as the Rangers vs Royals. I won the game in a nailbiter 1-0.

The AI batter logic has definitely improved. On a couple of occasions I made good pitches out of the zone on pitcher's count and the AI was willing to swing.

The framerate issue on foul balls has been fixed and the game plays much more smoothly overall. This includes no more wonky animations in the outfield where the player looked like Gumby making the catch. The jagged shadows are less pronounced.

The most impressive thing I saw gameplay wise in this particular game was what happened in the late innings. The game was 0-0, I had a man on 1st and 2nd with no outs in the inning. Julio Borbon was up and I decided to attempt the SAC bunt. A decent bunt was put down towards the 1st base side a bit closer to the 1st baseman than the pitcher. Instead of making the easy play at 1st the AI gunned it to 3rd for the close play. The AI got the out at 3rd. My point being, the AI was situationally aware.

This game was a 7/10 in my book prior to the patch, but now I would give it an outstanding 9/10.

I'm glad 2k didn't rush this patch out the door. Thanks for a great product. I will be having hours of fun playing this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
Can anyone that's played this verify that position players do get fatigued? I thought I saw it earlier in the thread, but I wasn't sure if it was for 360 or not.

Again, this is when you play the game, the next day your position players should have some fatigue.
I can confirm that. Position players do get fatigued.
They have alo added Rhianna in the stands when Matt Kemp is playing in La. Preeeeeeettyyyyyyy coooooool I must say.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

I'm extremely jazzed at the patch notes. They hit on every issue I had with the game. I can't wait to get home, haven't played a couple of weeks.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #144
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

The notes look awesome and love the positive feedback.

I'll be finally buying this game now on Friday when I get paid. Sounds like the patch was worth the wait.

Kudos to 2K. You just made a late sale.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »