Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #145
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

I don't recall seeing an answer to this big problem though:

Does the AI still screw with your lineup in franchise mode, even when AI management is turned off? Not in the notes, and I don't think anyone here has mentioned it. Has this happened to anybody yet?

If this isn't fixed, it'll kill my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Patch Notes Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBoy
They have alo added Rhianna in the stands when Matt Kemp is playing in La. Preeeeeeettyyyyyyy coooooool I must say.
Lol. What?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #147
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Finally busted out the PC version again, and was very pleased with what I saw. A lot less soft liners, and more ground balls. A nice variety of hits, including some that I don't remember seeing before.

I finally had a game where both teams were under 10 hits( 9hits-me/7 hits cpu) and the final score was 7-3 Cubs(Me) over Washington. I hit 1 HR, 1 Dble, and 3 walks. I can only say I was very pleased with what I saw..........but it's only been 1 game.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin79
Just played my first game since the patch and what a game. I played the MLB Today game as the Rangers vs Royals. I won the game in a nailbiter 1-0.

The AI batter logic has definitely improved. On a couple of occasions I made good pitches out of the zone on pitcher's count and the AI was willing to swing.

The framerate issue on foul balls has been fixed and the game plays much more smoothly overall. This includes no more wonky animations in the outfield where the player looked like Gumby making the catch. The jagged shadows are less pronounced.

The most impressive thing I saw gameplay wise in this particular game was what happened in the late innings. The game was 0-0, I had a man on 1st and 2nd with no outs in the inning. Julio Borbon was up and I decided to attempt the SAC bunt. A decent bunt was put down towards the 1st base side a bit closer to the 1st baseman than the pitcher. Instead of making the easy play at 1st the AI gunned it to 3rd for the close play. The AI got the out at 3rd. My point being, the AI was situationally aware.

This game was a 7/10 in my book prior to the patch, but now I would give it an outstanding 9/10.

I'm glad 2k didn't rush this patch out the door. Thanks for a great product. I will be having hours of fun playing this game.

I didn't really see this at all. They seem to know if it is a ball or strike when it's pitched on the black. Only played for a little bit though.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #149
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Patch Notes Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I just skimmed the notes (which are now out) and have played 2 exhibition games with the patch. I'm really, really liking this game...

One question for you guys: I saw the notes have extensive information on how CPU baserunning has been tweaked (a LOT). I've had my CPU baserunning aggression set at 100 - now it seems like it's too high as guys are going all over the bases...

Anyone else seeing this and think it may now be a tad overdone? Just curious... Thanks!
I was playing on default All-Star this afternoon, and I definitely noticed the CPU base-running aggression was higher. I would expect that you will need to fix that slider.

In fact, the reason I was playing on all-Star was that I wanted to just start from scratch and get a feel for how it plays now. I think it has been tuned in a lot of little ways. Check swinging is easier, for example. They have adjusted the power of the hits.

I know you guys did a lot of slider work, but I think a lot of it will need to be re-done from scratch. I have upped User Fielder speed from 20 to 30, and AI pitch speed from 60-70. But those are just "feel" sliders.

It is going to take a lot of games to get a feel for where hitting and pitching is right now. On the plus side, I feel like the game may actually play pretty close to default sliders.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #150
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw2
I didn't really see this at all. They seem to know if it is a ball or strike when it's pitched on the black. Only played for a little bit though.
I think t will depend a lot on how good your pitcher is, and how well you are maxing out your pitches. Chris Carpenter was a beast for me today. I had the CPU taking strikes and swinging at pitches in the dirt. His 12-6 is pretty sick.

That part of the game just felt pitch perfect on default All-Star. I might have to increase the pitch meter speed.

But one thing 2K seems to have done, even pre-patch, was make pitching make sense. You need to change speeds and locations. You can't spam the blue zones. It feels like you can get the CPU off-balance when you get ahead in the count. And it can make you pay when you get behind.

I think the patch has tuned this to be even better.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just played my first game post-patch on All Star. It went pretty smooth, with some noticeable changes but a few things were still buggy.

For example, they had a runner on first with no outs and hit a grounder in the hole between short and third. I threw to second to get one and tried to get the double play at first but he was clearly safe. The runner ran through the bag like usual but then took off for second, while my first baseman still had the ball. So easy tag out, double play.

The other weird thing that happened was on a grounder to first when my pitcher went to cover. He covered first like 10 feet off of first in foul territory, almost in the dugout. So when I threw to him, the throw beat the runner, but he wasn't covering the bag.

Overall though aside from those two things, it was pretty solid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #152
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPens1787
I don't recall seeing an answer to this big problem though:

Does the AI still screw with your lineup in franchise mode, even when AI management is turned off? Not in the notes, and I don't think anyone here has mentioned it. Has this happened to anybody yet?

If this isn't fixed, it'll kill my franchise.
Not an extensive test, but I've simmed through a month now with lineups and rotations that the CPU is usually just dying to adjust (sub par bench warmers starting in the 3rd spot, etc) and it hasn't touched anything.

Fingers crossed that I'm not just getting lucky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »