Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #265
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
Going through all this to get things set up, but aren't there going to be issues at the start of next season with lineups?

If I decide to control one team, and really just care about that one team, are things going to go weird on me? I know the CPU's rosters and lineups will change, but any other things to worry about.

I think some of the confusion is how to make this a simple franchise to play, to me it's a game, and I spend so much time making it realistic, that it takes the fun of the game away.
Yes. To a degree. But in all honesty, if you play all 162 games (I've done it once), setting everything up at the end of year 1 comes as a nice break from the game. It can always be done in stages, and it's no where near as concrete as year 1, because teams will have new players, guys will retire, there will be trades etc.

You'll just want to ensure Todd Helton isn't leading off, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 6

So as you go through the season do as notifications pop up on injuries, do you auto those (i am assuming the CPU messes stuff up) or go into each pop up and fix the situation?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #267
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
So as you go through the season do as notifications pop up on injuries, do you auto those (i am assuming the CPU messes stuff up) or go into each pop up and fix the situation?
It depends on what it is. I handle most everything at the MLB level.

I sim each game individually (so to have the rad in game updates, line scores, stats as well as OF scores), but mainly so that before or after each game I can go perform any maintenance. This only adds maybe a minute or two to each game you play - well worth it for authenticity sake!

For example, on opening day Josh Hamilton was injured (shocker) and told me he will be out for a few days. I am given the option to "KEEP ACTIVE" or "PLACE ON DL" Obviously I say KEEP ACTIVE.

Four days later (before) I simmed the TEX game I was told, Josh Hamilton is no longer injured, PLACE ON BENCH or AUTO-FIX. So I say PLACE ON BENCH, circle button back out, go to TEX Lineup and put him back in. No biggie. (If you AUTO FIX here, that is when lineups will go nuts.)

However, some days you'll have a handful of injuries / lineups to correct, so depending on your memory, (mine's awful) I make a quick note like AROD / NY, and then do them all at once.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #268
MVP

As an addendum to to my previous post, I also turned WAIVERS to MANAUL in the other profile.

I just had a situation where the Cardinals seemingly for no reason (no injuries occurred, etc.) went and signed Luis Castillo...giving them 26 players on their MLB squad.

...I've never seen this happen before during a season where some other event didn't force a team to make a move.

At any rate, you've been warned.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #269
Rookie

OVR: 0
just went through the whole AL so far and besides the ones we've caught already the only other R/L mistake was chad tracy in the rangers minor leagues...throws R bats L...but thats about it for the AL..gonna do the NL tomorrow...but i been thinking, at the end of a franchise season, would u turn eveerything for CPU teams back on auto??..so they can do all their offseason activity?...would def suck if i got all the way to the end of the season and had to sign players to teams myself..i dont even know if this makes any sense...my eyes hurt lol
Old 04-14-2011, 01:00 AM   #270
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...kE&hl=en#gid=1

I've updated my Add back to 40 man spreadsheet and sorted it by Position to make it easier. Now you can hit the R1/L1 button while in the Manage Roster screen to go to a particular position and find each player that way - MUCH QUICKER.

I made it public so you shouldn't need to sign in to view it.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #271
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...kE&hl=en#gid=1

I've updated my Add back to 40 man spreadsheet and sorted it by Position to make it easier. Now you can hit the R1/L1 button while in the Manage Roster screen to go to a particular position and find each player that way - MUCH QUICKER.

I made it public so you shouldn't need to sign in to view it.
Very nice!
Thank you.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #272
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can you Manually DL players the day that it happens in Real Life with the 25 man rosters if they are not on the 25 man?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »