Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #993
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
knight, Canizares can probably be replaced with Scott Proctor because the Braves re-signed him to a minor league deal
I don't think Canizares should be removed. He probably will be called up at some point. We really don't have a true backup at 1B other than Hinske. He'll probably give Prado a break in LF more often than Freeman. Canizares can hit.

His numbers at AAA have been solid for the past few years. I think keeping him on the roster would be the right thing to do but it's Knight's choice. Proctor might get a call as well to the MLB club but I think Canizares would go up before him unless we take a hit with pitcher injuries first.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #994
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I don't think Canizares should be removed. He probably will be called up at some point. We really don't have a true backup at 1B other than Hinske. He'll probably give Prado a break in LF more often than Freeman. Canizares can hit.

His numbers at AAA have been solid for the past few years. I think keeping him on the roster would be the right thing to do but it's Knight's choice. Proctor might get a call as well to the MLB club but I think Canizares would go up before him unless we take a hit with pitcher injuries first.
Tony, the Braves released Canizares

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/spo...119152059.html

Old 04-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #995
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Tony, the Braves released Canizares

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/spo...119152059.html
Thanks! I didn't know that! That surprises me a bit. Look at his numbers at AAA. This wasn't a good move in my opinion. A .341 BA last season led the league. We keep Mather & Gomez instead of a guy that's proven he can hit. That's wonderful.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #996
Rookie

aldogabd's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Thanks! I didn't know that! That surprises me a bit. Look at his numbers at AAA. This wasn't a good move in my opinion. A .341 BA last season led the league. We keep Mather & Gomez instead of a guy that's proven he can hit. That's wonderful.
totally agree. ive seen the gwinett braves everytime theyve come to durham to play and have always been impressed with barbaros hitting...not sure how theres a much better option in our system right now to back up freeman the boys in the bigs...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #997
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
Will do Knight.

File Name : OSFMv4+SCEA CAPs

Username : HabloCon19

This roster includes... SCEA players imported into OSFM STV4, Opening Day 40 Man Rosters for MLB (Lineups/Rotations), star players back on MLB Roster, HabloCon19 prospects.
hey maj is ur roster done??..or will u be making more changes??..and how up to date is everything??..jw, cuz if its pretty close i think im gonna start a franchise now..
Old 04-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #998
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Knight, Not sure if you saw my last post about Randy Winn announcing his retirement a few days ago.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #999
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rememberxxnever3
hey maj is ur roster done??..or will u be making more changes??..and how up to date is everything??..jw, cuz if its pretty close i think im gonna start a franchise now..
It's not perfect, all I did was import the players I created and the SCEA guys from yesterday's update.

All the 40 Man's are accurate and all injured players are back on the MLB Roster. So MLB should be pretty close. As for the minors, I didn't change much of anything because I really don't care if the Minors are 100% accurate as long as all the known prospects are there and the 40 Man roster guys are there.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #1000
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldogabd
totally agree. ive seen the gwinett braves everytime theyve come to durham to play and have always been impressed with barbaros hitting...not sure how theres a much better option in our system right now to back up freeman the boys in the bigs...
The excuse been given for his release was his age. He's only 31. He still has a few years left. And, you're right! We don't have a better option at 1B for a backup other than Hinske. He's not really a backup 1B.

He's a LF that can play 1B. Canizares will get gobbled up pretty quickly. How many times do you see a MLB team release a player that led his league in hitting the year before? It's a silly move! Sorry, I've gotten off-topic but couldn't help with my small rant.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »