Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #1025
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoniak
I posted a roster similar to this yesterday, although it has the 40 Man rosters still intact.

And that brings me to this next item... a couple posters have requested I share the lists I work of off to get the 40 Man Rosters accurate to avoid lineup shuffling post Spring Training.

Here's the lists...

List #1 (Opening Day 40 Man Rosters w/ Injuries) (Can be used w/ OSFM)

Opening Day Rosters (Official).wps

List #2 (Opening Day 40 Man Rosters w/o Injuries) (This is what you can use with the Roster I posted yesterday with all injured players back on MLB. Note that I had to shuffle a couple 40 Man's to get the 60 Day DL guys back on the 40 Man, ex. Wainwright.)

Opening Day Rosters (No DL).wps

** Note : These docs were made using Microsoft Works Word Processor (.wps). So hopefully I'm not the only one who uses MW instead of Word.
I found the post with your roster info. Thanks a ton man. So all I have to do with this roster set is simply send down the 15 players the day before Spring Training ends and I should be fine? Does anyone know if Sony is ever going to patch this stuff so we don't have to go through all of this unnecessary work to ensure that the CPU rosters don't get all jacked up?

Thanks again to everyone involved with this roster stuff!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #1026
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I found the link to your post. Thanks a ton man. So all I have to do with this roster set is simply send down the 15 players the day before Spring Training ends and I should be fine? Does anyone know if Sony is ever going to patch this stuff so we don't have to go through all of this unnecessary work to ensure that the CPU rosters don't get all jacked up?

Thanks again to everyone involved with this roster stuff!
There's 2 ways to go about it...

1. If you want to play games in Spring Training, you can send the 15 or so down before Spring Training ends, but then you'll have to add them back after Spring Training.

2. If you don't want to play Spring Training games, I would remove them before you even start your Franchise. That way all you have to do is add the 15 or so players after Spring Training (If you want). Then, as a bonus, you'll always have that Roster with just the 25 guys saved in case your Franchise gets messed up or you want to start another one or start over or whatever.

Either way, I've found it takes a lot less time with the list right in front of you.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #1027
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
There's 2 ways to go about it...

1. If you want to play games in Spring Training, you can send the 15 or so down before Spring Training ends, but then you'll have to add them back after Spring Training.

2. If you don't want to play Spring Training games, I would remove them before you even start your Franchise. That way all you have to do is add the 15 or so players after Spring Training (If you want). Then, as a bonus, you'll always have that Roster with just the 25 guys saved in case your Franchise gets messed up or you want to start another one or start over or whatever.

Either way, I've found it takes a lot less time with the list right in front of you.
Thanks man. I'll probably just do number 2 so that I won't have to do it all over again if I want to start over. Also, I don't think I will be playing any Spring Training games.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #1028
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

One last question. Does it matter whether or not I send the guys down or just remove them from the 40 man roster? I have just been removing guys from the 40 man roster rather than sending them down to the minors. Thanks guys!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #1029
Rookie

TheAssman17's Arena

OVR: 0

First off, thanks so much for creating these rosters for us guys. Secondly, sorry for noobing up the thread, but I was wondering why Mark Prior is missing from the Yankees? Can we get him in the game for the Opening Day rosters?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #1030
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
One last question. Does it matter whether or not I send the guys down or just remove them from the 40 man roster? I have just been removing guys from the 40 man roster rather than sending them down to the minors. Thanks guys!
During Spring Training if you remove a player for the 40 Man and he has options left, you'll either need to assign him to AAA/AA/Class A or if he is out of options, he'll need to clear Waivers before he is outrighted to the Minors.

Again, the easier option here is to just remove the players before you start your Franchise, that way they are already in minors and you can just add them to the 40 Man after Spring Training without burning through that players options moving him back and forth.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #1031
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
.....Again, the easier option here is to just remove the players before you start your Franchise, that way they are already in minors and you can just add them to the 40 Man after Spring Training without burning through that players options moving him back and forth.
This is what I am doing. I haven't started the Franchise yet. I am strictly editing the rosters. I was just wondering if just removing them from the 40-man roster altogether was a better option than the other options. I will just keep doing that and then add them back after Spring Training. Thanks man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #1032
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Knight, this may have been asked before but i was in NY this weekend watching my Tigers lose a series to those damn Yanks so may have missed it.

What is the difference (if any) going to be between v4 and the OD set you are currently finishing, just a few minor league changes i.e. getting the lineups/rotation right? If so ill just roll with v4 to get my franchise going as having all the correct MILB stuff doesnt bother me, only that all prospects are in there, which in v4 they obviously are.

Your thoughts?
There are quite a few players gone....and of course others added.
Mostly minor league players though....so you're good on ST v4 I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAssman17
First off, thanks so much for creating these rosters for us guys. Secondly, sorry for noobing up the thread, but I was wondering why Mark Prior is missing from the Yankees? Can we get him in the game for the Opening Day rosters?
Prior has been on the Yankees since the first version.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »