Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #617
Rookie

BombshellRocks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Because it may have gotten lost in the shuffle about 15 pages back:

Diamondbacks signed INF Josh Wilson to their AAA affiliate earlier this week
Old 04-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #618
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

ok ******, so you are an master ****** maker and a english professor too? of course im kidding here. i am not talkin about in game , im talkin about the actual edited ******s and line-ups. i do apprea***e you spending the time responding to my post. and apprea***e your hard work. i guess i was asking too much, i know they arent opening day set, i guess i just got to tecnical on the yankees aspect of it. i would like to get involved next year, would like to work on the yankees. again thanks for responding to me.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #619
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just some notes on the Diamondbacks:

Bloomquist SS
Johnson 2B
Upton RF
Young CF
Miranda 1B
Mora 3B
Montero C
Parra LF

That was the lineup today, and it will probably look similar to that for a while. Bloomquist played only because Stephen Drew will miss a few days, but once he comes back, he will bat leadoff.
Miranda will probably be the primary first baseman, but Russell Branyan will get a good amount of time at first as well.
Xavier Nady will also get time in left. Slotting him in against lefties and keeping Parra in against righties will probably work fine.
I believe Aaron Heilman is listed in the ****** set as the long relief man, but he will probably be a late innings guy. I would arrange the bullpen like this:
LR - David Hernandez
MR - Kam Mickolio, Sam Demel, Joe Paterson
SU - Aaron Heilman, Juan Gutierrez
CL - J.J. Putz

Also, finally, just some quick equipment changes...Chris Young doesn't wear high socks, I would give him baggy pants. Also, Heilman doesn't wear stirrups, I would give him long pants (I think that is what they are called, whatever the style is called with the long pants that end at the top of the shoes, I don't have the game on right now sorry)

Most of the DBacks ****** is perfect in the set, these are just minor changes. I would also like to commend everyone who helped out on their great work, I can't wait to finally get my season started just like everyone else
Old 04-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #620
Pro

OVR: 7

great job all involved!!! Much appreciated.

I've tried searching 'pitch edits' and nothing comes up. I know there are a few different avenues that these ******s take and one of them is strut or someone adding pitch edits and was just wondering if there were any thoughts on that so far.

LOVE these ******s and really appreciate the hard work that goes into them!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #621
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
I'm lost -
So I download ******s, but rotations and lineups are jacked up after spring training, so I need to set each time?

Also something about the 40 man ******s.

I'm so lost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #622
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscenter22
at the risk of getting blasted my the roste makers and the forum, what is going on with the yankees lineup, jeter batting 6th, cano batting 2nd, granderson in A, when he was on the opening day roste. I just want to clarify what the team did, were the players re-named and rerated with stances and pitches only? and line-ups not touched? or is the yankee line-up the only issue with the line-ups? also knigh said that the minors werent done yet, but im confussed as to why the best yankee prospects are in a ball, is this the case with the other teams as well? because if i start a chise with the 25 man ******, then all the best players in the farm will stay in a ball. Im not trying to rip anyone because i know the effort that was put in but i would just like a little clarifi***ion please. thanks
Okay...I just started a Franchise with NYY. Let me tell you how I handled it.

But first: Paragraphs make posts easier to read. I'm not making fun or anything, but just telling you based on my experience on OS. People often skip over long, non-spaced posts. I did. I only saw yours because ****** responded to it.

Now. I placed Montero and Banuelos on the 40 man in order to use them during Spring Training. Otherwise, unlike real life, they wouldn't have been "invited." Simply add them, while removing two others from the main menu. BEFORE you start up a season/franchise.

Next, I called up Granderson and sent down Dickerson. I also did the same with Feliciano (personal preference). Sending down another lefty long reliever (one of your choice, as I'm letting the other three young gun lefty relievers on the 40 man compete during spring).

Next, I placed Banuelos in AA and Montero in AAA (possibly a few others). I then placed Betances in AAA (personal preference). As a result, 3 players needed to be placed in A, in order to balance out the ******.

Next, I decided to change A.J. Burnett's windup motion back to "A.J. Burnett." Most of the Yankees have their SCEA one's, by the way. I personally think "his" is more "him" than Johnathan Sanchez (Sanchez doesn't 'turn to the outfield' during his motion like Burnett does in real life).

All of this needs to be done from the main menu BEFORE you start your season. Otherwise, options will be used for the players you are sending down.

Now, SAVE.

Go to 'Start New Season/Franchise." When it asks you which ****** you want to use, pick "Saved."

And you are readily on your way on the quest for 28.

Hope this helps man.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 04-01-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #623
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Those * words are K N I G H T and R O S T E R (S), by the way.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #624
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Those * words are K N I G H T and R O S T E R (S), by the way.
Thanks alot for that post, I agree with the moves you were posting.

When reg season starts, wont i have to redo the line-ups to what I like? I tried the 25 man rosters but I guess I was doing something wrong.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »