Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #689
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
Hopefully when the next version is posted, there can be a new thread stickied with everything explained, including slider preferences for the new stamina changes since those appear to be tweaking people out.

Not a problem, strut!

We'll start up a new thread and sticky it.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #690
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
hey guys, i have to go pick up my car from the shop but then I should have a few hours to hopefully finish my end of the file. Hopefully when the next version is posted, there can be a new thread stickied with everything explained, including slider preferences for the new stamina changes since those appear to be tweaking people out. I will also try to post my Word file in that thread with all my stance/motion notes. As I said, I SHOULD be able to finish this and send it on by tonight but I cant promise anything. Last night took a lot longer than expected
hey strut will you be putting bryce harper in this set, if not can i use v4 and dl a bryce harper and use both? if not do u know where i can find all the attribute includinf the face numbers so i can create him

by the way you guys are doing an awsome job on the rosters

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #691
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1

With the v3pitchedit roster, do I still need to do set the 40 man roster for the entire league before the end of each Spring Training to ensure somewhat realistic roster call ups and what not?

What kind of things are you guys doing in your Franchises to make sure things stay somewhat realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #692
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Regarding sliders I've played a few games today and would like you guys to test this out.

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5
Reliever Stamina 0 for both user and cpu

If possible report back with pitcher lines for starters including pitch count.

I was just able to play a game that looked like this

Tommy Hanson 6.2 5 ER 5 SO 3 BB and 98 pitches
Chris Volstad 5.1 4ER 5 SO 4BB 103 pitchers

with manager hook at 3. The problem is with 3 is that Volstad had 93 pitches after 5 with that line and should've been pulled at that point but the cpu brought him back in and only took him out when I got 2 hits against him. This result is amplified if a starter has higher stamina and will amount to pitchers staying in too long. So try out 4 and report back.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #693
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Regarding sliders I've played a few games today and would like you guys to test this out.

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5

with manager hook at 3. The problem is with 3 is that Volstad had 93 pitches after 5 with that line and should've been pulled at that point but the cpu brought him back in and only took him out when I got 2 hits against him. This result is amplified if a starter has higher stamina and will amount to pitchers staying in too long. So try out 4 and report back.
Do you intend these for use with meter or classic pitching? Or do you think they're fit for both?

Very interesting stuff. I have to say that playing with the latest pitch edits has messed my hitting up bad--nobody throws anything straight anymore . I'm having to learn to anticipate more late life.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #694
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5

Wich level ?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #695
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Do you intend these for use with meter or classic pitching? Or do you think they're fit for both?

Very interesting stuff. I have to say that playing with the latest pitch edits has messed my hitting up bad--nobody throws anything straight anymore . I'm having to learn to anticipate more late life.
I think it should be fine for both. I personally prefer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbie-Wan
Wich level ?
I play on All Star but anything should work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #696
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I think it should be fine for both. I personally prefer classic

I play on All Star but anything should work.
RAZR -

Glad you can work on slider changes for the stamina, but can you tell me what Control/Consistency/Strike Frequency has to do with Stamina in any way?

I play with default sliders, and all I want is stamina numbers to be honest. I am eternally grateful for what you guys do with the rosters, but if you have made so many edits that it is REQUIRED to change sliders, what is the point? I get realistic walk numbers on default All Star after training myself to watch the correct pitches and work the correct strategies, so wouldn't changing most of the sliders you just listed affect other facets of the game outside of just stamina?

Shouldn't we just concentrate on the Stamina/Hook number in an effort to keep the game as close to a baseline number for all users as possible?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »