Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #609
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

The more time I spend with V.3, the more I love these pitch edits. The fact that fastballs have so much movement means less hits and less solid contact on default sliders, which translates into more realistic box scores.

I'm also seeing less relentless comebacks, both by me and the CPU, again probably because it's harder to square up on the fastball.

I did give up an 8-4 lead in the ninth vs the Marlins with the Phillies last night (Baez and Madson spoiling 7 innings of 1-run ball from Halladay-yuck!), so that shows that anything can still happen, but overall everything's just felt a lot more balanced.

It's also more challenging, as Knight has said, as it should be facing major league pitchers! The movement on the pitches is sick, so it makes it even more satisfying to make solid contact. I'm K'ing a lot all of a sudden, LOL, so I'll have to adjust.

I just used Lincecum against the Mets and posted a final line of 8.0 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5K's. And it was incredibly fun.

This is really fantastic.

Last edited by Clarityman; 06-10-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #610
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
The more time I spend with V.3, the more I love these pitch edits. The fact that fastballs have so much movement means less hits and less solid contact on default sliders, which translates into more realistic box scores.

I'm also seeing less relentless comebacks, both by me and the CPU, again probably because it's harder to square up on the fastball.

I did give up an 8-4 lead in the ninth vs the Marlins with the Phillies last night (Baez and Madson spoiling 7 innings of 1-run ball from Halladay-yuck!), so that shows that anything can still happen, but overall everything's just felt a lot more balanced.

It's also more challenging, as Knight has said, as it should be facing major league pitchers! The movement on the pitches is sick, so it makes it even more satisfying to make solid contact. I'm K'ing a lot all of a sudden, LOL, so I'll have to adjust.

I just used Lincecum against the Mets and posted a final line of 8.0 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5K's. And it was incredibly fun.

This is really fantastic.

haha why do you think we've been waiting?!

i edited a couple teams pitchers when i started my chise way back on version 1 and i noticed the difference immediately in the gameplay. (using the same formula as these guys of course (2 seamers etc) It was at that point i decided i can't even play a 'chise until version 4 comes out lol. It really makes a remarkable difference.

Thanks for everything guys, you truly have made this game worthwhile for a great many of us.

Just waiting on Strut and then epic baseball shall commence!!

Thanks again guys.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #611
fnz
Banned

OVR: 1

Again thanks to everyone for everything. The pitch edits are just another great add on to the game, and I'm finally glad to see Daniel Ray Herrera has his screwball!

Strut, are your stance edits based off of your own notes? Or are you looking at the pages on here and TheShow forums as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #612
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
haha why do you think we've been waiting?!

i edited a couple teams pitchers when i started my chise way back on version 1 and i noticed the difference immediately in the gameplay. (using the same formula as these guys of course (2 seamers etc) It was at that point i decided i can't even play a 'chise until version 4 comes out lol. It really makes a remarkable difference.
Not to mention JASnake rerating the players will add even more authenticity! I'm assuming even though he's a Yankees fan, truth and honor will prevail, meaning A-Rod will no longer be a Babe Ruth/Ty Cobb hybrid hitting god.

I've been waiting to do both my franchise and my RTTS until version 4 arrives, I'm very excited as well.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #613
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Well if you want response as to why he uses the ratings that he does the link to the thread is there
I've tried telling him the faults in the way he does his ratings before... his e-ego is too big to listen to constructive criticism, so I'm not going to bother going to him with the problem. I was just trying to point out the flaw in the stamina ratings formula to you. I guess it can kinda be solved by putting the starting and relief pitcher sliders all the way up to 10 for both user and cpu.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #614
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

can i create a bryce harper with the v3pitch edits roster or will i have to replace someone?

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 06-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #615
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
can i create a bryce harper with the v3pitch edits roster or will i have to replace someone?
If you're playing a season or a franchise, you can edit one of the new fake free agents into Bryce Harper. There should be a few of those players who have an A potential rating.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #616
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz
Again thanks to everyone for everything. The pitch edits are just another great add on to the game, and I'm finally glad to see Daniel Ray Herrera has his screwball!

Strut, are your stance edits based off of your own notes? Or are you looking at the pages on here and TheShow forums as well.
my own notes. i have watched a ton of video and gotten screen caps of everyone in the league

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »