Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #1313
Rookie

D3C4K's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm pretty sure it's an A....I don't know what I have his durability as.
I really hope SCEA puts in another attribute next year...and injury one and leave the durability to only influence a players readiness to play day to day......with the injury on concentrating on his tendency to go down with an injury.

Okay....21 teams down and 9 to go.
I have a super busy week this week, so I'll let you guys know the progress.
You guys will definitely be happy with the results though.....as I finish each team, I sim to the Future game now and look at the results. I love my 1B tandem of Justin Smoak and Ike Davis! (yeah....I didn't move him up to the MLB...I get to use him in the minors.)
Even so...Nick Weglarz was the hero in yesterday's run...hitting a homerun in the eighth off of Andrew Cashner(yeah...I used him in relief....it's an ALL-STAR game right!?) to put the World ahead. My PH Dee Gordon made it interesting in the ninth.....tripling with one out...but I couldn't get the tying run across.
Played the game at Shea....Ike Davis looked very nice there.
Stanton homered for USA as well...a monster shot to LF.

Keep you guys posted.

M.K.
Knight165

Argh!!! Now you're just teasing us.

I know you're updating all the minor league faces, but how many changes have you made to their ratings? From the sounds of things you've made a ton, judging from the much improved futures game. Also, how many years of simming does it take for top prospects to reach every-day MLB player status (for the ones that pan out, at least)? I'm curious to see how the progression works. With all the training options in franchise mode, I also wonder how involved I'll have to be to make sure my top prospects reach their potential. Thanks again to all for your hard work.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #1314
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhy
May 10th, still have pitch edits and Bahnzo's Rostertools edits to make... gonna be a challenge to catch up with the season lol
I know on my end its not gonna take that long. Just the in game inputting and some sim runs. A night maybe two and a shot for TD to take a look and QA. Cant speak for Razr though.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #1315
Banned

OVR: 0

Hey Knight I just wanted to thank you for all the work you have put in and time you have spent the last few years to make this game more enjoyable and make dynasty's able to play for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #1316
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHawk55
Hey Knight I just wanted to thank you for all the work you have put in and time you have spent the last few years to make this game more enjoyable and make dynasty's able to play for a while.
Thank you very much.
It's much appreciated.

Like JaSnake, I don't think Razr will actually take that long for that version.

As far as edits to the minor league guys from v1....yes a lot. Some are very minor, while some are pretty big. I'm going through every player though.
...and true the picks for the Futures Game is a very good indicator of that.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #1317
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

FYI I think that all players should have medium builds. I know there are a few players out there small in stature, but upon further review of players like Aaron Hicks, skinny body types have little realism effect on the game. The majority of pro ball players are pretty well developed. I meet with these kids every day and I am wondering what was in their Wheaties that wasnt in mine? I mean these kids these days are literal beasts. I met Slade Heathcott and Jake Marisnick last season and they are both like .2 percent body fat.

Kyle Skipworth is 6'3 and somewhat lanky, but he is nowhere near skinny like he is in the game. Just a little FYI

CHW Jon Gilmore, not John is raking down on the farm.

Cody Overbeck - power needs to be tweaked for the better.

Brandon Tripp needs to be created and added to the Jacksonville Suns (Marlins)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #1318
Rookie

OVR: 1

So much for my idea

Tyler Flowers or Adam Moores A ratings could be switched with Ramos, but I just realized they are both SCEA.

Posey, Montero, Meyers, Santana, Norris, Castro, Flowers, and Moore.
All A rated catching prospects while Ramos sits at a B.

Oh well I rest my case...

Sooooooooooo excited for the next versions of the roster
Thanks for making this game much cooler
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #1319
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkasper
So much for my idea

Tyler Flowers or Adam Moores A ratings could be switched with Ramos, but I just realized they are both SCEA.

Posey, Montero, Meyers, Santana, Norris, Castro, Flowers, and Moore.
All A rated catching prospects while Ramos sits at a B.

Oh well I rest my case...

Sooooooooooo excited for the next versions of the roster
Thanks for making this game much cooler
Homerism at its finest, Ramos is not an A prospect, he had a great first two games and has I think one hit since then....you have Mauer anyways....All of those players you listed have more potential that Ramos except for maybe Flowers and Moore
Old 05-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #1320
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday619
Homerism at its finest, Ramos is not an A prospect, he had a great first two games and has I think one hit since then....you have Mauer anyways....All of those players you listed have more potential that Ramos except for maybe Flowers and Moore
How he performs in MLB as a 22 year old doesn't indicate how good of a prospect he is. There are a lot of great players who struggled early in the big leagues. Mauer doesn't effect his ability either

There is a good chance Ramos gets traded this year for some help down the stretch...his defense along with his offense is what makes him an intriguing catching prospect.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »