Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #537
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
Ksig,

What is your opinion of Jeffress the pitcher for teh Brewers who got caught smoking weed like twice now??

Will he ever amount to anything as I was pretty high on him at one point.
I think he's slated to be a closer in high A ball (the Manatees I believe).
Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #538
Rookie

OVR: 10

Knight/KSig/Ridin/Strut...All involved.

Thanks for your time and effort...Really..

I would like to ask a question - ....I am the type that loves to draft a team and value the realism of the game. However, it is very disappointing how many of the video sports game end up with unrealistic fantasy draft results. Maybe when you apply realistic attributes to a young player, the 'computer' does not value them. How much value do you guys put on the results of a fantasy draft in the Show with the rosters you create?...Do you guys ever refer to that?..Is it all non-related?...

I seen that ver.1 has Heyward & Strasburg ranked very high, and the computer acknowledges that by drafting them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, if I am not mistaken. Which I think is great and very realistic. However, the computer is drafting Chone Figgins in the top 10 overall in the first round. This is something 100% of GM's wont do.

I hope you understand my thoughts, and thanks for taking the time to read.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #539
Rookie

D3C4K's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOS79
Knight/KSig/Ridin/Strut...All involved.

Thanks for your time and effort...Really..

I would like to ask a question - ....I am the type that loves to draft a team and value the realism of the game. However, it is very disappointing how many of the video sports game end up with unrealistic fantasy draft results. Maybe when you apply realistic attributes to a young player, the 'computer' does not value them. How much value do you guys put on the results of a fantasy draft in the Show with the rosters you create?...Do you guys ever refer to that?..Is it all non-related?...

I seen that ver.1 has Heyward & Strasburg ranked very high, and the computer acknowledges that by drafting them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, if I am not mistaken. Which I think is great and very realistic. However, the computer is drafting Chone Figgins in the top 10 overall in the first round. This is something 100% of GM's wont do.

I hope you understand my thoughts, and thanks for taking the time to read.
I do a ton of fantasy drafts, to get a feel for attribute structure and how players are ranked/valued by position, and I noticed what you were referring to. I think Chone's high draft selection has to do with his move from 3rd to 2nd base after the SCEA roster update. Default rosters have him going lower, and ranked as a "B" tier player overall, while after the change he's now valued as an "A" tier guy. Maybe it's because his speed and fielding ratings are more significant as a 2B, maybe it's the difference of being not being compared to A-Rod and Longoria, but the position change is the reason for his higher ranking in the fantasy draft. I just lowered his contact and power ratings a bit to get him where I think he should be, ranking wise. Hope that helps.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #540
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Well, my reasoning has to be something along the lines of where I think he will settle in as well as his tool set. I know he can rake, but at this point the Brewers are starting to see somewhat of an ROI on Weeks and if he remotely stays consistent than you can say bye, bye to Lawrie somewhat in the mold of Gamel is. Weeks can run, hit for power and average and field. Those are 3 above average tools that made him the second pick in the draft.

Lawrie is a big bodied offensive 2B with only two average or above tools: hit bat. They are good tools, but Gamel can also rake as well and where is he? Remember this is a game and you have complete control over what your rosters look like, so insert Lawrie as your 2B of the future and mash with him and watch him become a superstAr!
o i didnt know that you took into account who is in front of players to determine potential. i just thought you took them by their own skills. makes some sense i guess. but personally i see weeks as our future CF and lawrie at 2B.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #541
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

hey RAZR when are we going to start on the pitch edits and stuff for the next version?

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #542
Pro

OVR: 9

Just wondering does anyone of you three do equipments edits for the rosters?
Frontier League baseball: London Rippers
Old 04-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #543
Rookie

OVR: 2

I want to thank Knight and the OS community for another year of great rosters. I can't wait to add music and start my season.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #544
Banned

OVR: 11

Just wanted to say thanks for making a great game even better. These rosters really make the game complete. Great job guys.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »