Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #505
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

i dont know to post it here or somewere else but..

Carlos Monasterios pitcher of the dodgers was trowing a sick changeup against the pirates and its missiing it on the rosters

GT: MRDONKEYGRANDE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #506
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss84_18
can i get a reason please?? you must be the only person that doesn't have lawrie a top 50 prospect in baseball because im sure all the others in the top 50 you put at an A potential. not a big deal though
Well, my reasoning has to be something along the lines of where I think he will settle in as well as his tool set. I know he can rake, but at this point the Brewers are starting to see somewhat of an ROI on Weeks and if he remotely stays consistent than you can say bye, bye to Lawrie somewhat in the mold of Gamel is. Weeks can run, hit for power and average and field. Those are 3 above average tools that made him the second pick in the draft.

Lawrie is a big bodied offensive 2B with only two average or above tools: hit bat. They are good tools, but Gamel can also rake as well and where is he? Remember this is a game and you have complete control over what your rosters look like, so insert Lawrie as your 2B of the future and mash with him and watch him become a superstAr!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #507
Rookie

OVR: 1

A few Rockies suggestions:
Were MLB rosters edited? Because the Rockies rank went from 8th to 14th because the piching rank dropped about 10 places. Any Ideas why?
Rockies fielding attibutes need to be raised. In the game they are ranked 24th yet last year they were ranked 6th and are just two years removed from a record setting fielding season.
I still think its too bad that SCEA makes a lotof older veteren players significantly better than the young players they are backing up. Mora over Stewart, and both Smith and Spilbourghs over Carlos Gonzalez and Dexter Fowler.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #508
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
lawrie is a B+ prospect. he is just barely out of the top 50 in my opinion, i have him ranked at 57, just behind michael saunders and just ahead of yonder alonso for position players. for position players I rank heyward, stanton, montero, jennings, posey alvarez, santana, brown, ackley, castro escobar, smoak morrison, shisenhall, c. carter, hicks, michael taylor, jason castro, wallace, jared mitchell, james darnell, derek norris, freddie freeman josh bell, dee gordon, todd frazier austin jackson wilason ramos, tyler flowers and michael saunders all ahead of him. so that means 30 people are better than lawire in my opinion. theres what? 25 As for position players? so ya he's just barely a B
That is a point that I didnt get to address was the amount of A potential players. It came down to a selection process. The crop was tight, but there are players that will flop as well as flourish. Its an inexact science. Look at Evan Longoria, he was a JUCO player for a terrible JUCO and then blew up while playing 2 years a CSULB all the way into a top 3 DP, not to mention now he is one of the best in the bigs. I personally think he is a douche now especially because he doesnt remember who his friends are considering his fat pockets.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #509
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
That is a point that I didnt get to address was the amount of A potential players. It came down to a selection process. The crop was tight, but there are players that will flop as well as flourish. Its an inexact science. Look at Evan Longoria, he was a JUCO player for a terrible JUCO and then blew up while playing 2 years a CSULB all the way into a top 3 DP, not to mention now he is one of the best in the bigs. I personally think he is a douche now especially because he doesnt remember who his friends are considering his fat pockets.
lol he was a douche back then too. I have a lot of stories from his chatham A's days.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #510
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
lol he was a douche back then too. I have a lot of stories from his chatham A's days.
Probably didnt help that I was slaying his ex back in the day either! We were out in Newport Beach a month or so ago and he had some Maxim chick with him so I am pretty sure he is over it. Still, what a douche.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #511
Rookie

OVR: 1

I noticed that someone had previously posted the top 97 or so prospects of the Arizona Diamondbacks in a spreadsheet, with name, position, height, weight, bat, throw, U.S. or Foreign, and level of baseball they previously played in.

I took a look at the Diamondback Minor Leagues (Reno AAA, Visilia AA, and Class A [which I interpret to be a mix of the best of A+, A and A-]. AAA and AA are well done, however Class A the Diamondbacks were severly short changed. With none of the top prospects acquired in the '09 draft appearing on the roster. That really stinks.

The 15 players allocated to Class A should be the BEST prospects in the system of any MLB team for two reasons: (1) it's a 15 player roster, not a 25 man roster quality>quantity; and (2) It's "Class A", not A as it had been called in previous years. Therefore a mix of A+, A, A-, R, Inst. or even DSL prospects would be reasonable. Not just the first 15 players on the A+ team, that robs MLB teams of top prospects who stand to develop the most over the first few years of a franchise. While allowing 28 year olds and players who are in their mid-20's taking up spots on the lowest level of professional baseball, and probably stand no chance at this point in their career of developing to anything better than a career AAA player.

/end rant.

p.s. you did a good job, I'm just not happy with the Class A selection given the materials you were provided with by Guifre.

Last edited by Take No Prisoners; 04-09-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #512
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Probably didnt help that I was slaying his ex back in the day either! We were out in Newport Beach a month or so ago and he had some Maxim chick with him so I am pretty sure he is over it. Still, what a douche.

LoL I bet now he could take any of yours today, LoL haters
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »