Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #521
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
woah woah woah matt davidson? really? you're that high on him? I feel like parker is the best of the bunch and that borchering and pollock are just outside the top 100. what do you see in davidson that i'm missing?
Have you seen him play? Davidson is a guy I got to see a lot out here in regular season as well as showcase games. I saw Davidson and immediately liked him. He grew into a powerful hitter, good fielding 3B and has a strong arm. He reminds me of a young David Wright. I also scouted a kid named Zach Wilson who went to ASU and reminded me a lot of him. This season there is another guy names Chad Lewis out of Marina HS in Huntington Beach that should be around the same type of prospect as Davidson. If he puts it all together, he could be special.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #522
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Have you seen him play? Davidson is a guy I got to see a lot out here in regular season as well as showcase games. I saw Davidson and immediately liked him. He grew into a powerful hitter, good fielding 3B and has a strong arm. He reminds me of a young David Wright. I also scouted a kid named Zach Wilson who went to ASU and reminded me a lot of him. This season there is another guy names Chad Lewis out of Marina HS in Huntington Beach that should be around the same type of prospect as Davidson. If he puts it all together, he could be special.
i've seen clips here and there but i'm basing it mainly on his numbers, he didn't do that much damage at Yakima in his 250 something at bats
Old 04-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #523
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
i've seen clips here and there but i'm basing it mainly on his numbers, he didn't do that much damage at Yakima in his 250 something at bats
Dude, IMHO it really depends on the coaches when you get to rookie ball. When I got to rookie ball all they wanted to do was change my swing. I have seen sub-par hitters make the show because of progressive hitting coaching. Danny Dorn and Justin Turner are perfect examples of what good hitting coaches can do for you. If Matt Williams works with Davidson, the kid will become more aware of what he is trying to do at the plate instead of always looking for a ball to pull over the gate. He needs to mature more as a professional hitter and realize the pitching he is facing is much more polished and that he cant mash everyone he faces.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #524
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Dude, IMHO it really depends on the coaches when you get to rookie ball. When I got to rookie ball all they wanted to do was change my swing. I have seen sub-par hitters make the show because of progressive hitting coaching. Danny Dorn and Justin Turner are perfect examples of what good hitting coaches can do for you. If Matt Williams works with Davidson, the kid will become more aware of what he is trying to do at the plate instead of always looking for a ball to pull over the gate. He needs to mature more as a professional hitter and realize the pitching he is facing is much more polished and that he cant mash everyone he faces.
fair enough. you dont think parker is the best of that group though? despite his injury i still think he'll be the best of that group
Old 04-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #525
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp90805
i dont know to post it here or somewere else but..

Carlos Monasterios pitcher of the dodgers was trowing a sick changeup against the pirates and its missiing it on the rosters
Ya I noticed that right away and fixed it, his sick changeup is the reason he made the team LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #526
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
fair enough. you dont think parker is the best of that group though? despite his injury i still think he'll be the best of that group
I do, but at this point he should be more advanced. I will take Borchering as the future top 50 guy out of the group.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #527
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
You would hate too if your "friend" acted like he does now. I mean be honest, if you were talking to your "friend" and he was constantly looking around at everyone else, no personalization to the conversation and acting too cool you would be annoyed too. Even in our Facebook pics he takes pictures now like he is the guest of honor just to be in the pics, annoying, but I guess thats what 80 MM will do to you.
$80MM? I think that's pushing it a little bit. Even with club options being guaranteed it gets to about $45MM with his incentives for MVP and such.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #528
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not sure if anyone mentioned it or not (I checked the first 20 or so pages) but Arodys Vizcaino is no longer in the Yankees minor league system, he was traded to the Braves in the Javier deal.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »