Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDawg58
I liked what I saw. Sure there is room for improvements. The size of the numbers did bother me. I hope we have a solid baseball game.
That's the thing. the numbers i can live with. I just hope they ironed out the bugs and gameplay. Buying a game then having to wait 2 months for htem to fix all the bugs they should have fixed on release is a bit annoying. Or not even fixing them at all and having to wait until next year all the time. Overall the game looks great. But 2k has a way of not polishing their games and getting their AI right. This is where the show walks all over every other sports game is their attention to detail. Their gameplay is rock solid and they have the little aethetics like sewn on letters and the right number sizes.

Yes in theory 2k has closed the gap considerably. I look at this game. There isn't a huge difference. A few graphic anomolies i can live with. But it's the little details. Little stuff like just how the ball comes off the bat or what a player decides to do in a certain count. Franchise bugs.. That stuff adds up especially when it's gameplay and gamebreaking related. We will have to see I guess if 2k really paid attention to getting this game right. The major surface stuff looks great to me. 2k did work as far as the overall look of the game and how it plays. That's not the issue though. That's a big part of it and a good first step. That's all it is though. You can have a beautiful game in theory, but if all these little things don't add up it can play like crap.

Last edited by kgisbeast; 02-19-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #170
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I thought it looked like it had some potential.

I'm Gameflying it like I do everything so if it sucks...oh well, I send it back.

I have a feeling I'll be keeping it for a little while though.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #171
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I don't consider that icing since it's 2010 now. I'm sorry. I'm not tryin' to start an argument with you. I'm being serious.

In my opinion, the MLB 2K graphics / physics engine needs a lot of work or to be completely recreated.
I too could care less if the crowd was a bunch of stick figures.
What the crowd looks like has no bearing on wether I will play a game or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #172
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I don't consider that icing since it's 2010 now. I'm sorry. I'm not tryin' to start an argument with you. I'm being serious.

In my opinion, the MLB 2K graphics / physics engine needs a lot of work or to be completely recreated.
You don't consider that icing? So in your opinion, having a crowd eating hot dogs, drinking beer, and having distinguishable fingerprints is something they should have focused on this year rather than . . . ya know, fixing the outfielders catching fly balls? I see your logic.

IMO the crowd looks fine and this is extremely nitpicky.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #173
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
You don't consider that icing? So in your opinion, having a crowd eating hot dogs, drinking beer, and having distinguishable fingerprints is something they should have focused on this year rather than . . . ya know, fixing the outfielders catching fly balls? I see your logic.

Agreed, the crowd looks fine the way it is, and I would rather have them focus on things that mattered when you play the game. Get that right, and the fluff things that get added later to build atmosphere can be worked on down the road.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #174
MVP

OVR: 15

i liked it. can't wait to try out the demo.
Glad the bat sounds alot better.
I love how you can see the ball coming off the bat after contact with the behind the pitcher camera. The Show doesnt show that this year. It switches to the fielding camera a bit too quiyck this year.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #175
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Agreed, the crowd looks fine the way it is, and I would rather have them focus on things that mattered when you play the game. Get that right, and the fluff things that get added later to build atmosphere can be worked on down the road.
Agreed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #176
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

What the F ? I didn't say anything like that and I didn't mean anything like that.

All I meant was that it's below the standard, IN MY OPINION, to have a crowd like that in a sports video game in 2010.

Quote:
Yea, we all have opinions and they are gonna be different - like fingerprints - so why am I being crucified for expressing my opinion ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »