Home

MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Why are the Indians fans crying? Who do they have worth anything (that isn't a prospect) besides Sizemore & Choo?
Hafner who is healthy now, Peralta who was angry last year and now is much happier- more production will now come, Luis Valbeuna, Matt Laporta, Justin Masterson- 10 k's and shutout vs. Chicago, Jake Westbrook- Healthy, Kerry Wood and perhaps one of the best bullpens in the game now.....that about sums it up. OH and not too mention some of the top prospects in the game coming up this year.

Tribelifer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Yikes, these are going to need to be overhauled before I can start a franchise. Roster guy is gonna have a blast.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #107
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Prospects don't mean anything since they aren't included...only fake players. Otherwise, you're talking about a 1-game performance like that will count toward anything and a player's potential for what he can do, not how they've performed lately.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just curious...are these ratings based on the organization as a whole or just the MLB team?

BTW the Cards are underrated and the cubs are waaaaay overrated!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #109
Go Cubs Go

PLite14's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorb
BTW the Cards are underrated and the cubs are waaaaay overrated!
I think the reason the Cubs always seem overrated is because they really are that good, they just always find a way to underachieve.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #110
Rookie

As a sox fan, I think our batting is too high. We should probably be a bit higher than average in terms of run production this year, with Bay gone and Ortiz getting older. (Not sure how much Fenway would affect Beltre)

But I do think our pitching rating could be higher. We probably have the best rotation and pen assuming Dice-K and Delcarmen regains their health.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #111
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeLifer
Ramone- you guys need to fire whomever does your ratings ASAP. I could have done a much better job mysefl on this. I know my team is not the greatest, but there is no way we are dead last in every catagory. Our offense is one of the best in the game. This years will even be better.

I can understand the pitching. But DEFENSE? Acab at short and Luis at second- is outstanding...Sizemore in center, and Choo in RF are gold glovers.....horrible ratings. Most of our stars were injured- you can't base off that. Then you guys have the Mariners who are going to be killer- rated way too low as well.

I know these are based off of last years teams stats and such, but my Lord in heaven your guy is way off on a lot of teams here. Horrible. Thank God for Knights edits.

Tribelifer~

Really man really?

Too many armchair analysts out here. These threads always breed stuff like this. Especially when in retrospect it is virtually meaningless when you play the game.

FYI, a computer does the ratings from data they use from tons and tons of professional saber metrics systems over a 3 year span or so. Something I am sure you are not as fluent in judging by your demeanor.

Good Grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osori
As a sox fan, I think our batting is too high. We should probably be a bit higher than average in terms of run production this year, with Bay gone and Ortiz getting older. (Not sure how much Fenway would affect Beltre)

But I do think our pitching rating could be higher. We probably have the best rotation and pen assuming Dice-K and Delcarmen regains their health.
Then as a Sox fan you would know the offense production was actually upgraded, from the 4th best in runs scored last year with players they added.

Ortiz still produces 100 RBIs and almost 30 HRs with a "decline" and a slow start, I will take it. His average is a bit lower, but that all started since Joe Maddon started to get the league on the shift bandwagon. You will notice a lot of power hitters averages are down who deal with the same shift.

Have to stop focusing on Bay, they are better off without him, defensively, economically, and offensively. Saber Metrics systems will beg to differ from the run of the mill fan.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-18-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #112
Rookie

My thoughts exactly. I don't see how the Phillies' batting is ranked under the Sox.

But your pitching is certainly one of the best, if not the best, in the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »