Home

MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings

Maybe it is because the Cards hired a hitting coach who could only hit .260 while on steroids :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
How the HELL do the Mets have better pitching than the Nationals? Even Mets fans I know admit we atleast have a better rotation than them (from top to bottom) Lannan, Marquis, Wang, Zimmermann, Strasburg that beats Santana and the rest is junk IMO
ok so Strasberg has never pitched in the majors, Wang hasnt pitched well in some time and Zimmerman is only in his second year..may have a sophomore jinx..if a 3-5 is considered a good first year ( not debating) and lets hope that Marquis does what he did when he had good hitting ball clubs behind him..so I can see how that rotation may be looked at as maybe not great..even compared to the Mets and heck Im a jays fan..maybe a Phillies fan now
Old 02-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBond007
ok so Strasberg has never pitched in the majors, Wang hasnt pitched well in some time and Zimmerman is only in his second year..may have a sophomore jinx..if a 3-5 is considered a good first year ( not debating) and lets hope that Marquis does what he did when he had good hitting ball clubs behind him..so I can see how that rotation may be looked at as maybe not great..even compared to the Mets and heck Im a jays fan..maybe a Phillies fan now
Nats have solid potential in the rotation.

As a Mets fan I'm biased but I think it's fairly objective when I say that their rotation could be decent based on three issues:

1) they have an unqualified ace
2) unless an older guy wins the 5th starters role, Santana is the only starter over 30 (will be 32 in a few weeks)
3) all of the pitchers, save a fifth starter, have experienced pretty damn successful seasons the over the last few years

Of course...they've all experienced injury issues except Pelfrey, who was awful from June onward last year. We'll just have to see...spring makes us all optimists so I'm going to just enjoy watching the boys back out on the field!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #84
Rookie

rbaker1979's Arena

OVR: 3

The Cardinals are severely underrated, but it'll just make it that much more satisfying when I whip the 93% of people who play as nothing but Yanks/Sox with a 16th ranked team
Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
Nats have solid potential in the rotation.

As a Mets fan I'm biased but I think it's fairly objective when I say that their rotation could be decent based on three issues:

1) they have an unqualified ace
2) unless an older guy wins the 5th starters role, Santana is the only starter over 30 (will be 32 in a few weeks)
3) all of the pitchers, save a fifth starter, have experienced pretty damn successful seasons the over the last few years

Of course...they've all experienced injury issues except Pelfrey, who was awful from June onward last year. We'll just have to see...spring makes us all optimists so I'm going to just enjoy watching the boys back out on the field!
I was actually agreeing with the mets fans..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #86
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7

wow...Mariners 19th in pitching??
Old 02-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 12

Marquis was an all star at one point and Wang has something to prove.. Strasburg will play in the bigs this season, but your right it won't be on opening day... I still think they have more in that department than those Metropolitan's
Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #88
Banned

omfgitsgod!'s Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwaymike
Maybe it is because the Cards hired a hitting coach who could only hit .260 while on steroids :-)
LOL yes. But really, how does a team with Pujols, Holliday, Wainwright, Carpenter, and two great minds in La Russa and Duncan only get 16th?

behind the Blue Jays?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »