Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 02:23 AM   #1489
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Nope sorry mayne
Old 09-29-2009, 02:41 AM   #1490
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Nope sorry mayne
Dang.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #1491
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
yeah i hate that too. it could either get fixed in the final version or we can fix it with sliders. not too big of a problem.
This is actually quite ridiculous to me. For some people, headbands and socks are a big deal, but this type of stuff is what I look at. It seems like the CPU gets too many steals when you're in the lane regardless if you're controlling a big or a guard. I'm hoping this can be addressed with sliders. My $65 isn't committed to any game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 03:56 AM   #1492
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcain80
Another nitpick is that there are too many cpu deflections and steals. I drive through the lane with Fisher or Bryant and it gets slapped away wayyy too often, while the cpu will drive the lane while I'm mashing the steal button and nothing happens.

Not game ruining, but bothersome.
Not to bash your playing style, but look at the way the cpu drives the ball. They wont force if you beat them to their spot/have a body on them, like some human players do. Steals are kind of complicated in this game, if you watch or read Beluba's blog on defense you will get a better sense.

Edit: Thought this might help.... The way I learned to drive the lane in Live 10 is wait for the open lane. Or when contact happens you could either pull back on the left or right stick, or wait a second until the body-up-animation is through and cross back the other way. Basically I'm saying it's best not to force it when a defender is in front of you, use the size ups and the attack dribble to set up your man before attacking the hoop.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

Last edited by RayDog253; 09-29-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #1493
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Ok just saw Vince Carter tip the ball and Howard grabbed it. So I guess someone else can get the ball but you still don't have control, still is canned.

I gotta say I'm just at awe of this game. Most fun I've had with a sports game since nfl2k5 and allpro. It's just amazing and I'm noticing the little things as well. Just went on a 10-0 run with the Magic and as I was making this run the crowd got quiet, and you can see more and more people begin taking a seat and more and more people stop twirling their towels lol It's crazy man, the presentation is top notch. It's also amazing how you can have some many things happen in 1 possession. From a blocked shot going out of bounds, to a foul, to an offensive rebound, a tipped passed (All in 1 possession). I also noticed that depending on what tempo you choose you better play to that or else things get real interesting. Also not that you have to change how you wanna defend the pick & roll as well (Not just you but your CPU teammates as well). I use the show & recover more now and I noticed my CPU defense is a lot better. Hopefully all this ties into defensive ratings as well (As some teams have such a hard time defending the pick & roll a la the Lakers).

And speaking of the Lakers and the pick & roll. I knocked down 3 shots in a row with Nelson from the P&R because Bynum was lagging off and I notice after the 3rd time he begin showing more on the P&R so I didn't have that open shot. So it looks like the CPU adjust to what your doing as well. A ton of fun, just a ton of fun and it's only the demo.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #1494
Rookie

OVR: 2

After spending a bit of time playing 2K10 this morning there is no doubt in my mind LIVE is the game for me. I used to be a 2K guy until last year (couldn't handle the stuttering on the 2K cam) so I tried LIVE out. It did have it's problems but at least I felt like I was playing a different game. This year is just so much better in every way. I know this forum in general favours 2K but if people were to give LIVE a chance I think they would love it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #1495
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Has anyone else noticed some slow down on the PS3 demo? I've played both and have never noticed any in the 360 version.
The slowdown is only in the cut scenes and stephensonmc has already said it won't be in the retail version.
We'll just have to trust him on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #1496
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
And speaking of the Lakers and the pick & roll. I knocked down 3 shots in a row with Nelson from the P&R because Bynum was lagging off and I notice after the 3rd time he begin showing more on the P&R so I didn't have that open shot. So it looks like the CPU adjust to what your doing as well. A ton of fun, just a ton of fun and it's only the demo.
Not really related, but Nelson is an absolute beast in this game. Even on superstar, I can just hit shot after shot with him, even if they are contested. Hopefully that's a demo problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Not to bash your playing style, but look at the way the cpu drives the ball. They wont force if you beat them to their spot/have a body on them, like some human players do. Steals are kind of complicated in this game, if you watch or read Beluba's blog on defense you will get a better sense.

Edit: Thought this might help.... The way I learned to drive the lane in Live 10 is wait for the open lane. Or when contact happens you could either pull back on the left or right stick, or wait a second until the body-up-animation is through and cross back the other way. Basically I'm saying it's best not to force it when a defender is in front of you, use the size ups and the attack dribble to set up your man before attacking the hoop.
I'll give that a go, thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »