Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #1513
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

My post was commenting on the look of the game - not gameplay. People were commenting that hopefully players will look more realistic in the retail copy - highly doubtful.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #1514
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
A game is no longer complete now days anymore until these companies release their 2nd or 3rd patches to fix the game and make it better......
World of technology unfortunately. Patching PC games happens more consistent and quicker then consoles but just can't play sports games on the PC for some reason.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #1515
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, been playing both demos all day, and I am sold on NBA Live. Can anyone help with my around the basket game though? I find it hard to beat guys off the dribble, but even when I do it seems like the lane is always clogged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #1516
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcain80
Well, been playing both demos all day, and I am sold on NBA Live. Can anyone help with my around the basket game though? I find it hard to beat guys off the dribble, but even when I do it seems like the lane is always clogged.
Well umm always string moves together while holding the size up button.... and just try to keep the defender on his feet....and also u shud try some pro hops or spin layups or things of the sort....because those help you get around the defenders if the lane is clogged...works for me about 75% of the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #1517
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
This is actually quite ridiculous to me. For some people, headbands and socks are a big deal, but this type of stuff is what I look at. It seems like the CPU gets too many steals when you're in the lane regardless if you're controlling a big or a guard. I'm hoping this can be addressed with sliders. My $65 isn't committed to any game yet.

Definitely agree w\ this....just shouldnt happen to better ball carriers....

Also, I love that you are in complete control of your crossover, but why is that the only means of getting by your man? That, and sometimes squaring up...am I missing something? I STILL cant just blow by anyone after playin this demo pretty consistently...gets pretty old for me....along w\ the inability to deflect as a human player...any tips on this? I dont think I can play more then a couple of game w\o being able to do either..
Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #1518
Pro

OVR: 11

once out of every 3 times, i just break someones ankles with kobe and drive in for a layup.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #1519
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I haven't played Live in years so I just need to double check. Does Live have the view where you're looking up the court like you would in real life?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #1520
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Definitely agree w\ this....just shouldnt happen to better ball carriers....

Also, I love that you are in complete control of your crossover, but why is that the only means of getting by your man? That, and sometimes squaring up...am I missing something? I STILL cant just blow by anyone after playin this demo pretty consistently...gets pretty old for me....along w\ the inability to deflect as a human player...any tips on this? I dont think I can play more then a couple of game w\o being able to do either..
Sometimes its the user's fault. Sometimes cpu is just too efficient at it. Need more reaching calls for bigs and other positions.

I can get by players pretty good w/ Kobe and Farmar. At times w/ Artest. I dont find it a problem. I'll more that like likely use pick and roll or play call to get them in scoring position.

Secondly, I get defenders on my hip often which allows for step backs, kick outs, and dimes in the post. I really dont want destroy defenders badly too often because I dont want to become too effiecent at it and ruin my gaming experience.

To me, its close to being balance...maybe a few more reach ins or if defenders arent too good at defending their aggression is limited. Causing a situation where i'm scared to dribble on Artest but not to much on R. Lewis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »